Dead: Goldmart

No longer in business

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1.00 star(s)
1 Rating - Raters
In addition, the silver already broke down and out of weekly's 61.8 fib of 24.203. Currently the spread widened 22.50 X 22.79, 22.62X 22.74 respectively, dictates uncertainty. Because of the last two crazy days we'd experienced, I might not see my shipment for months to come. Hope not.

Last edited:
Still waiting on my order that was supposed to be shipped 03/22.

Maria said they had trouble getting Philharmonics (despite the website saying "In Stock"), so I wrote an e-mail asking for Maples instead - which should be the same price.

Chances are they don't have Maples in stock either.

For the guys who got their orders, what did you order that was in stock?

Been 13 days since my BBB complaint went forward to Goldmart. Not a peep out of them. BBB Letter states they have 14 days to respond. Why would I expected a early answer? Duh! At this point I would assume they DON'T CARE what their BBB history is. That in its self sends a chill down my spine. This JOINT has no "Customer Service" I am happy for those that have ordered and received. I eventually did. I for one don't care if my order is delayed for ???? number of reasons. But it should not be too much to expect they company that has your $$$$ at least contact you to inform you as to why or at least they are still working on your order and sorry about the delay. ANYTHING !! It is just their prices are SO DAMN GOOD !!!! I'd just like to get my Credit Card Number out of their system...I may call Bank and ask for a halt for any payments to Goldmart or any associated names I can find. Once more, I at this point do not expect Goldmart to respond to the N. Nevada BBB. Anyone that is looking to invest money through this company really should do a complaint search through Google or something. I did before first buying and there were only a couple of delivery complaints, now there is over 20 complaints listed. One reaps what one sows.

nysparkie - did you say that you received your order(s)? Are you whole now on your purchases?

Superhero they didn't have maples they upgraded me to bisons. She also was willing to up me to ase but they weren't goin to be in till today.

I finally received my order. After every day numerous calls during 3 weeks.

By law according to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule,
a) A merchant should ship the order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone.
b) If the merchant is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify customer by mail, telephone, or email, give a revised shipping date and give the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Last edited:
Thanks for following up and letting us know. With several folks reporting in, it appears that Goldmart is eventually fulfilling orders, but they really suck at communication / customer service.

My problem with them is they lie, be honest I don't mind waiting if you tell me the truth. Everyday they said its getting shipped that day, over a month of that. Nothing like feeling you got ripped off. That was my first and last order with them. I have to say they fulfilled there end of the deal, to bad they lied the whole time about shipping. If they were honest I probably would've done business with them and a lot. To everyone that hasn't received there items keep calling

Frustrating, but worth it!

I've been buying from Goldmart for the last couple of years and thought I would weigh in with my experiences. The bottom line for me is that Goldmart has the best prices for the limited inventory they offer and I have always received the products promised. I had one potentially negative experience where a package arrived opened with some of the contents missing (a 100-ounce silver bar and a tube of Philharmonics), but they agreed to send me a replacement shipment at no cost since it was unclear whether the package had been opened by a postal employee or whether it was simply not packed well enough.

Having said that, I've come to accept the fact that they will NEVER ship anything as advertised/promised. My first purchase from them was via personal check and it took about three weeks for me to receive the item. Since then I have always paid by bank wire and it still usually takes 1-2 weeks to receive the order, despite the fact that it's supposed to only take 2 days to process and 2 days to ship.

I do not know how they run their business, but I suspect they have little (if any) product actually on hand. What they consider to be "in stock" may simply be what they expect to be able to get from their suppliers. For example, I ordered some 100-ounce PAMP Suisse gold bars from them the first week of this month and just got my tracking number yesterday. When I called last week to find out where my order was, I was told (by Maria) that they were waiting for a delivery of gold from their "repository" and that it would be shipped out this week (which it was). It's frustrating that they don't mention this up front and/or send updates when things are delayed, but at no time have I felt that there was a chance I wouldn't actually get what I paid for.

I also get the impression that their entire shipping department consists of a single half-blind and crippled service monkey who only works on alternate Thursdays except when he is sick. When I was waiting to get my replacement shipment and called to see when it would be sent, I was told that somebody was sick for a week, that they just missed the FedEx drop-off time, that they had some sort of security audit that caused a lock-down of the facility, etc., and each time I was personally guaranteed by the service rep (Maria and a bunch of others) that they would personally walk my order down to the FedEx office if necessary to make sure it was sent TODAY (the order was finally shipped five days later).

So yes, they certainly have their problems and it can certainly be frustrating dealing with them at times. But as I said above, they still have the lowest prices in town for what they offer and I always get what I pay for. Plus, the fact that they sent me a replacement shipment at no charge for the one that went missing meant a lot to me. So as long as I can deal with having to wait much longer than the advertised times to receive my orders, I will continue to order from them.

I also get the impression that their entire shipping department consists of a single half-blind and crippled service monkey who only works on alternate Thursdays except when he is sick. ...

Hmmm... Are you related to our local master of rants, Ancona? :rotflmbo:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I finally received my order. After every day numerous calls during 3 weeks.

By law according to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule,
a) A merchant should ship the order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone.
b) If the merchant is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify customer by mail, telephone, or email, give a revised shipping date and give the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

any way to take legal action against these guys ? placed an order 4/3, payment confirmation 4/4 and still nothing as of 4/17. i called several times spoke to maria and marianna and they both give me excuses non stop. told me they would have the supervisor call me back and of course i never get a call. they are pulling some shady business practices here. my order was well over 7500 (which is advertised as qualifying for free priority 2 day shipping) . anyone have any advice?

any way to take legal action against these guys ?

Well, you could try reporting them to the FTC and seeing if they want to take action against them. If you want to personally take action against them, I think you would first need to figure out exactly what harm you have suffered by their delay and then hire a lawyer if you think it's worth it.

As I mentioned earlier, I've learned to stop worrying and love the bomb accept the inevitable delays. But I can see how it might be a big deal for some people, especially if you were counting on the shipment to arrive by a certain date in order to, say, flip for a profit and the delay caused you to lose money as a result.

[BTW -- congrats on finally getting your shipment!]

In mid-March I was assured by a GOLDMART online customer service representative that an item I wanted (a small amount of gold) that was listed on their website, was in stock. The website also indicated that the item was "In stock and ready to ship!". I went ahead and ordered it online. I would not have ordered this item if it was not in stock and ready to ship. I used a credit card to make the purchase since I had never done business with them before and thus begin the "paid and processing" game that seems to be the norm for this company..

I contacted GOLDMART customer service a few days later on a Monday to ask when the item would ship and I was told the item was ready to be shipped on "Wednesday". I contacted GOLDMART customer service again on Wednesday and I asked them to confirm it was shipping that day and they told me there had been a problem and it would not ship until Friday. I contacted GOLDMART customer Friday and they said there had been a problem with the credit card company and they would ship the item once the charge had cleared. I called the credit card company that same day and was told there was not problem at their end and that the charge had been accepted. I contacted GOLDMART customer service and they confirmed the charge had cleared and it would now ship on Monday. On Monday they said a problem was now in shipping and that there had been a computer glitch and shipping was backed up but it would ship out by Wednesday at the latest. This Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Monday game went on for a couple of weeks. Eventually I even had "Kimberly" promise it would ship out that very same day and she would personally call with a tracking number by the close of business. No call, no tracking number. These people are complete liars.

I got fed up and so yesterday I e-mailed Goldmart and told them I was canceling the order and that I was instructing my credit card company to refund my money. Goldmart e-mailed me a tracking number about 4 hours later. I guess I got their attention finally. I am waiting to see if my item actually arrives tomorrow. I will report back what I get.

Last edited:
After reading these stories in this thread, I would personally advise those who wish to buy Au or Ag to simply go elsewhere. I use Bullion Direct, Apmex and Northwest Territorial Mint, all of whom have their own problems, but none of whom will treat you as you were treated by Goldmart. I am sure others here will chime in with recommendations as well. For my money, Apmex has done the best overall job of follow up and delivery. While their premiums are higher, I suspect it's because they actually have the personnel to deal with customers, so I'll keep paying a little more for better service and calmer nerves.

GoldMart scam

I have not used Goldmart yet, but saw them recommended on another website, so I started reviewing their site. I like what I see and may use them soon.

Goldmart offers online shopping like most internet dealers. Their website is very similar in structure to apmex' site. Very easy to navigate. They also clearly display both their buy and sell prices in terms of premium to spot.

What I'm seeing that really sets them apart from providentmetals, gainesvilllecoins, apmex, etc. is (at least as of this moment):
  • Pricing - Their premiums over spot rival tulving
  • No tiered pricing - Their low premiums to spot are available for 1ozt or 500ozt purchase.
  • No credit card surcharge - They might be the only online dealer I've seen that doesn't charge more for credit card orders.*
Their S&H costs are also very reasonable - lower than most others.

One thing that some people may not like is that they require a 10% down credit card deposit for orders paid by check or bank wire. If you prefer payment by those methods, they still require you to furnish a credit card.

They are based out of Newport Beach, California. Not sure what the State sales tax situation is for California customers.

~~~

I just put an ASE in their shopping cart and got this note:

Might give you a moments panic if the price jumps on you. At this moment, they are showing an old spot price for silver of $32.75 on the sales page when spot is actually around $33.25 - a $0.50 difference. As long as they only charge the stated premium above spot though, this doesn't bother me too much - just makes it more difficult to correctly quantify a purchase.

Anyone here used them before?

Beware of Goldmart, they cashed my check 25 days ago, never sent my silver, never sent an e-mail, they are thieves, goldmart is a scam.

Well, I just filed a complaint with the BBB! I can't take all the lies and BS any more. Next week will be 2 months and I have still not received all my silver from the idiots at GOLDMART. Avoid this company, its not worth the cheaper premiums. The worst customer service in the world.

nysparkie - did you say that you received your order(s)? Are you whole now on your purchases?

Yes I did receive my order in whole.....Not just when THEY said I would...and it was after my BBB Complaint. I do not know if that had any push on me getting mine.

Hi Everyone newbie here. I can't began to tell you sick I am after reading everyones remarks about Goldmart. I am going through the same thing here. My first order with them on April 2nd. Thinking that I can speed up thing I went down to the bank and made a cash deposit. They confirmed the deposit 2 days later by the fifth day I was expecting some sort of shipment confirmation from them, after all they stated they it would take 2-4 days to ship after confirmation of payment. Like everyone here, I got lied over and over. First it was sorry we are waiting for ase should be in on tues and ship out on wed. Come wed, sorry we dont have the other item. Finally this week we can ship do partial shipment for your order tracking and confirmation should be available on Wed. Today spoke to Kimberly, oh I will get it out for you today and call you back with a tracking No. Yeah right! Call them back later on today. Message on the phone is that all reps are in training and should call back afternoon. I called them back at 1, 2,,3,4,5. same message on the phone. Getting very nervous about this company. Sounds like a fly by night type of company. Should I file with BBB and FTC?

Surprise surprise. Received e-mail this afternoon with a tracking number. Since it's being shipped to my workplace, I won't get it 'til Monday.

This is my 5th, and probably last order from them - unless they miraculously improve their operations. Another PM dealer is opening up in my neck of the woods. While their premiums are a bit higher, I don't have to pay for shipping, which I have going for me, which is nice.

Sad to see we have so many newbies showing up just to post on this thread.

And good to learn that they do eventually deliver so at least better than the COMEX

Welcome aboard and be thankful that the veil over your eyes has begun to clear.

Hi Mymetals, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Sounds like your story is not uncommon. The good news is that it appears Goldmart does eventually fulfil orders.

Is Goldmart a Scam?

Yes, Goldmart is a scam. Hopefully if more people post it will turn up more often in web searches. That's how I found this site

I Don't Believe Goldmart

I tried to buy gold from Goldmart (still waiting after several weeks) and this is what they just sent via e-mail:

Greetings

We are writing to inform you that currently we are experiencing some delays in processing most silver bullion orders due to the recent surge of volume and production issues from the top-down.

There currently are no delays for gold bullion products but some minor delays as our shipping department is backed up and we are working hard to get back to our standard processing times. For this reason, we clearly post our "typical" processing times throughout our website. We use the word "typical" for a reason because sometimes atypical situations like the one we are currently experiencing arise.

Right now there is a major production and supply problem for silver bullion at the U.S. and Royal Canadian mints as well as many of the private mints we distribute silver products for. These delays have created inventory gaps which have led us to adjust the status of many silver bullion products as being delayed or out of stock.

At the time of many orders, products were in stock and ready to ship, which at the time was the truth as we had product in-house, en route, as well as paid orders with distributors waiting for their production, delivery and shipment.

Currently we have pallets of 2013 Silver Eagles and 2013 Silver Maples that are en route to us now, paid for and scheduled to ship from distribution. We also have tens of thousands of ounces of other private silver bullion products en route to us, again paid for and scheduled to ship to us.

We are sorry about the inventory gap, but we too are experiencing delays in the supply chain from distribution. These same delays from mint distribution have been prevalent throughout the industry and are the predominant reason for the rise in premiums on silver bullion products.

We apologize for the delays and are sympathetic toward our customers, as we too are experiencing the same delays . . . and we appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Goldmart.com

Completed agree. I wish I found this forum earlier. Spoke to Maria today,she told me, my shipment would go out next week. I'm holding my breath. :judge:Yeah right. Can't wait what B.S. they will tell me next week. The low premium they offer not worth the stress they put you in. Live and learn.

Here is the update on my order. I watched gold drop from $1600 when I first placed my order down to $1390 over the past several weeks. They would not ship no matter how many times I contacted them. Finally I had my credit card company reverse the charge and open a dispute file. I sent Goldmart an e-mail informing them of this and within an hour they gave me a tracking number. I was skeptical but I received my order today. I will never buy from them again. You risk losing your money or your metal, while they speculate on the market. One of these days they are going to just close their website and disappear and your money will be offshore somewhere, never to return. It's too much of a gamble.

No offense to women out there, but too much estrogen at Goldmart. Where are all the male customer service reps? Women are not good speculators don't cha know IMHO, probably got their a$$ margined out. I am sure CFTC and treasury department want a copy of their transactions.
BTW, I received my order 2 weeks into it after I sent them a nasty letter. I guess they escalate the most "problematic" customers to the next tier level.

Surprise surprise. Received e-mail this afternoon with a tracking number. Since it's being shipped to my workplace, I won't get it 'til Monday.

This is my 5th, and probably last order from them - unless they miraculously improve their operations. Another PM dealer is opening up in my neck of the woods. While their premiums are a bit higher, I don't have to pay for shipping, which I have going for me, which is nice.

Ugh!!! FINALLY received my order after 1+ month of waiting.

Part of my order was 2 TUBES of Silver Philharmonics. Felt the box and it seemed light. Opened it up, and instead of 2 TUBES, I get 2 COINS.

Spent 15 minutes on hold. Spoke to Maria for a minute explaining the situation. Put on hold for another few minutes. She came back on the line and said nothing she could do, and a manger will need to call me back.

So. What recourse do I have?

Have you file complaint with FTC and BBB? Of course I personally don't think Goldmart gives a rats about these complaints. I feel for you bro. I too are still waiting for my orders. I was promised that it will go out later on this week.

Have you file complaint with FTC and BBB? Of course I personally don't think Goldmart gives a rats about these complaints. I feel for you bro. I too are still waiting for my orders. I was promised that it will go out later on this week.

Not yet. If I don't get a phone call tomorrow, I will put their shit on blast.

Buyer Beware!

If you have received what you ordered from Goldmart, consider yourself lucky. But dont press your luck, you will pay dearly, if you continue to purchase, as Idid.

On my most recent purchase, Goldmart did not send all the coins I ordered, Goldmart says they did. Package was not tamered with. Value over $1,000. missing. My word against theirs, I guess. When you call customer service there never in and they dont return phone calls.

Check them out with the BBB web-site, (F) rating as of 4-17-13. They are not even a member, wonder why? After about a month of hearing nothing, I reported them to the BBB of Nevada. The BBB sent 2 letters to Goldmart, asking for a responce to my complaint. 30 days go by, no responce from Goldmart.

If this was a mistake, not sending all my coins, It would have showed up by taking a Audit or Inventory check, only God knows if they ever did. If not, someone in the process of packing or shipping has sticky fingers! Hell of a way, to run a business!

I blame myself, falling for their low prices. I just hope I have helped someone else, from my loss.

If your considering to purchase from Goldmart, they are not worth the savings! Dont think it cant happen to you, as I did...

Last edited by a moderator:
Slim Jim,
How many orders did you make before the current fiasco?

What steps have you taken so far in addition to calling and filing report with the BBB?

On my most recent purchase, Goldmart did not send all the coins I ordered, Goldmart says they did. Package was not tamered with. Value over $1,000. missing. My word against theirs, I guess. ...

We had another member report a similar complaint against Provident Metals once. Turned out in the end that the package did in fact contain the ordered product, but the interesting takeaway was that Provident video tapes their packaging department for back-up / proof of what was sent in every shipment. Perhaps Goldmart does this too? :shrug:

This was my 4th order with Goldmart. BBB is the only resource I have used so far. I doubt Goldmart uses video recording, Like the fox guarding the hen house. I think the best thing to do in a large purchase order, is to video tape yourself opening the package, when it arrives, as you see them do on, U-Tube. Otherwise its my word against theirs.

I would file complaint with FTC, Nevada State Attorney General. This is bordering criminal.

We had another member report a similar complaint against Provident Metals once. Turned out in the end that the package did in fact contain the ordered product, but the interesting takeaway was that Provident video tapes their packaging department for back-up / proof of what was sent in every shipment. Perhaps Goldmart does this too? :shrug:
Unfortunately that's not the case. On March 8, I ordered:
  • 2 EA tubes Philharmonics (40 oz)
  • 2 EA tubes of Indian Buffaloes (40 oz)
  • 2 EA 10oz NTR Snake bars.
for a total of 100 oz.

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f2/pulling-trigger-gold-2188/#post19413

What I received in the box was:
  • 2 EA COINS Philharmonics (2 oz)
  • 2 EA tubes of Indian Buffaloes (40 oz)
  • 2 EA 10oz NTR Snake bars.

Difficult to confuse 2 tubes vs 4 tubes.

Called and sent them an e-mail (including picture) re the situation. Plan on sending notice everyday, and contact BBB, FTC, Nevada AG, and every PM forum I can find until I get some resolution.

Folks, I suggest that we all keep record of telecon with Goldmart as they seemed to change their stories every time. I am emailing them as a form record keeping. The girls there lied thru their teeth and can't keep track of what was being said.

Back
Top Bottom