Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Library > Marketplace

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #41
n00b

Liked: 4 times
Avoid GOLDMART

The absolute worst company ever. They don't have any inventory, but continue to sell! I ordered over a month ago and they promise you the world, but nothing ever gets done. They lied to you just to get you off the phone. I ordered $18,000 in silver rounds and 10oz bars and I cannot get anybody to give me a straight answer when or why it has not been shipped. They don't return emails or phone calls, they simply ignore you! I don't know what to do at this point. Has anybody else other than myself and Monster had a similar experience with these idiots?
nysparkie likes this.
silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #42
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2449 times
That would be beyond frustrating. Please do let us know if they resolve your order (one way or another).
nysparkie likes this.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #43
Fly on the wall

Liked: 38 times
Good luck Silverman. They have the worst customer service. My order earlier this year took 7 weeks.

I have been waiting on an order from Northwest Territorial Mint since Dec. 21st. Last e-mail said next week for sure. Both orders were all silver.

I am wanting to buy some gold (15-20oz.) in the next few days but am hesitant because of the poor service I have experienced in the short time I have been "stacking".
nysparkie likes this.
Chigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #44
Mote in the Fed's eye

Liked: 10 times
Angry Agree...worst

Hello all, new here to this forum.
Let me say, $15,000 grand in silver orders from Goldmart. Personal check received, well here is a copy of my most recent chats with Maria....
Hi Maria?

Customer Service

We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment,

please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

You (click to change)

This following is all from yesterday's chat with your reps........My question is ship out today (Which was yesterday) stated in your text must not mean today? My order status has not changed...one iota. ....CHAT TEXT...Hi, order # @@@@@@@ . Goldmart acknowledged receipt of my payment on March 14th. Almost 2 weeks ago. I have not heard a peep about my order. What is up?
You are currently being served by
Maria C.
Maria C.
Hello and thank you for visiting Goldmart.com, America's low cost gold and precious metal dealer.
Let me check on this for you one moment.
Maria C.
James it looks like your first eligible shipping date was scheduled for yesterday(Tuesday 26th of March). Since we were closed due to passover yesterday we will get your order out for you today. If there is any issues with your order i will be in contact.
James <redacted>
OK. eligible? OK whatever. That is fine. Thank you processing my order. I am excited it is shipping today.

You are currently being served by
Maria C.

Maria C.

Let me pull up your order one moment.

You (click to change)

?

Maria C.

James, your order was pulled out yesterday i do apologize it was not able to make the cut off time. I spoke to the shipping manager and i am assured your order is going out today.

We have been having a glitch in our system and email are not being sent out as we state between 5 & 6 pm. If you would like to get tracking give me a call or send me a chat at about 4pm pacific time please.

You (click to change)

Now that I appreciate... a simple explanation puts me at ease. It was easy. I perfectly understand...stuff happens...I have committed so much stuff in my life it would take volumes to list it all. Thank you for the info and Bless ya. Bye for now.

Last message received at 12:54am

Now today I sent a general message on their Contact us page. I associated my being assured that my order would be shipped on Thursday to that of a LIAR! I asked how they feel personally when they are LIED to. If this is how the treat those that come for their services...once I get this order. I don't care how much cheaper they are...I am not coming back.
ancona likes this.

Last edited by PMBug; 03-31-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: remove last name
nysparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #45
Mote in the Fed's eye

Thumbs down

Just filed a BBB report including my CHAT TEXT with Maria. Strange they say "all" their customer service reps are busy with other clients yet Maria is the only one I've ever talked to....hmmmm, another lie?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #46
n00b

Liked: 7 times
Hello all, new here to this forum.

On March 17 put my 10th order with GoldMart.(ASE)
I received payment conformation on March 20.
Since then dealt with Maria (Calls, chats).
The long story short - with my last order I have the same experience as "nysparkie".
I'll try again on Monday.

Eight previous orders were shipped the same day the payment confirmation was received.
One order from January 2013 was delayed due to Mint shortage. (Canadian ML)
PMBug and nysparkie like this.

Last edited by NeoPm; 03-30-2013 at 12:46 PM.
NeoPm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #47
Big-eyed bug

Liked: 344 times
As reported earlier in this thread I had decent results purchasing platinum from them some time back.

However, based on all that I have read, I doubt that I will purchase from them again.

Word to the wise: Saving a few bucks on premiums is not worth the headache of very bad customer service and long delays in shipping.

Stick with reputable dealers like
Your local coin shop
Apmex
Provident
Gainsville
Tulving
Probably a few others I have missed.
ancona, benjamen and nysparkie like this.

Last edited by Unobtanium; 03-30-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Unobtanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #48
Golden Cockroach

I wonder if, with recent events in the world driving increased demand for physical gold and silver, and their low prices, Goldmart might be overwhelmed a bit with orders (ie. much higher than normal sales volume). Because it sounds like the issues that neoPM, nysparkie, etc. are experiencing with order placed in the last month were not evident last year.

In any event, I do hope Goldmart improves their communications, deals with customers honestly (trust is paramount here!) and makes good on their promises.
nysparkie likes this.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #49
Golden Cockroach

Let's see how they respond::
Originally Posted by pmbug :
Hi,

I own pmbug.com - a discussion forum for precious metals enthusiasts.

There is a section on the forum where members can post comments / reviews of various precious metals retailers such as Goldmart. We've had a discussion thread dedicated to Goldmart since December 2011:

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f8/goldmart-268/

Within the last month or so, this <discussion> thread has been the number one result in Google for "Goldmart review" and the thread has started attracting a number of disgruntled Goldmart customers.

There seem to be a lot of complaints about poor communication and delayed shipping. For potential customers reading the thread, it brings to mind a lot of questions about Goldmart's trustworthiness (in my opinion).

I do hope that you will be able to resolve the issues mentioned in the thread with the customers who are complaining. It would be great to see these customers (and more) singing your praises as a dealer that delivers on their promises of selling gold and silver at very competitive prices.

If you (ie. an official Goldmart representative) would like to engage the pmbug.com community (and the much larger audience of "lurkers" - folks who read the site without registering an account) and directly address the issues in the discussion thread, you are welcome to do so.

Cordially,
pmbug

P.S. I am posting a copy of this correspondence in the thread.
Unobtanium, ancona, Cronus and 2 others like this.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #50
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 71 times
Interested in how they respond.

I ordered 100 oz order about 2+ weeks ago. A few days before it was due to ship, they sent an e-mail saying it would be delayed. Several e-mails and a chat with Maria revealed they didn't have one of the items in stock (despite it being shown as in stock).

I mentioned to Maria that there have been several complaints against them, and she said they are aware of the situation, and are trying their best to resolve the issue. I'm really interested if they'll respond to PMBug's e-mail, and if so, what they'll say.

As for my order, they said it'll likely ship middle of this coming week. Will see if it actually happens.
nysparkie likes this.
superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #51
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Interesting indeed. I have seen other PM retailers/Wholesalers respond to negative press in forums, most notably over at the now discredited Silver-seek Forums. As I recall, they were pretty quick to resolve matters and 3explain their side of things. Another site I frequently lurk is AR15.com, or as the members over there call it "Arfcom", and several gun manufacturers have dedicated blog/website readers on staff to respond to customer dissatisfaction. In many instances, I have seen the matter cleared up simply and quickly, in others I have seen the "customer" go off on the retailer for no real reason. I suppose airing your grievances on a forum is cathartic on some level, but real customer service is best delivered on the first call.

JMHO
nysparkie likes this.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #52
n00b

Liked: 7 times
9 business days after payment confirmation.
Talked today about my order status with goldmart representative (not Maria).
I requested the shipment date of my order.
goldmart representative promised to informed me via mail/phone.
End of the day - Nothing no mail, no call.

Later today I tried to "test the water" pretended to be a new customer
Had a chat today with Maria :
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maria C.
Hello and thank you for visiting Goldmart.com, America's low cost gold and precious metal dealer. How can we help you today?

You (click to change)
Hi.
I'm about to order 300 American Silver Eagles.
What is delivery time for 300 American Silver Eagles
from the moment of payment conformation received?
Thanks Jack.

Maria C.
What payment method will you select?

You (click to change)
Bank wire.

Maria C.
Bank Wire 2 - 4 business days*

You (click to change)
Maria, Please correct me if I'm wrong, Goldmart will ship the coins after 4 business days.

Maria C.
Yes.

You (click to change)
Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the legal steps we can take?
nysparkie and EWS111 like this.

Last edited by NeoPm; 04-01-2013 at 10:53 PM.
NeoPm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #53
Mote in the Fed's eye

I would suggest the first place is the BBB. Most folks would visit there before committing large volumes of $$$ to buy metal. I would hope they would. I did but yet...there was not much on the BBB site other than a couple of delivery issues which were satisfied satisfactorily. It appears the poop hit the fan after my research. Rats... Other than that, seeing this is usually across state lines...One would have to file a complaint with the Nevada Authorities. Their address is Carson City, NV. State Attorney's Office? I know of no Federal Agency...aka SEC, Banking, Fed Trade Comm., Perhaps a Consumer Protection Agency of some sort. Otherwise...one would have to sue (In Nevada?) for false promise/pretenses/????. JMHO ....
EWS111 likes this.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #54
Mote in the Fed's eye

Liked: 11 times
Well I'm having same problem. Ordered 3/14 paid bank wire. Delayed order. Finally says shipped 3/28 suppose to arrive 3/30. Called everywhere today bout package, says package is still in carson city. Called that post office, they say its in Reno. I said to lady if it is lost I'd like to know so I can do insurance claim, she says that package doesn't have insurance. WTF
nysparkie likes this.
Ringodank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #55
n00b

I'm a first time buyer from goldmart and wanted to give it a try and so ordered a coin. Facing the same problem as other posters. Deposited check at BofA to goldmart.com's account, replied the order email, called them, but no reponse from them yet even after their 7 business days. There is no update on the order status either. Got Maria on chat after several tries and got the "we will update once we get... blah blah,, crap. This is why their business will never grow.
nysparkie likes this.
sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #56
n00b

They have a facebook page too. You might want to write something there and see if it gets any traction.
nysparkie likes this.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #57
Mote in the Fed's eye

To all: I have been seriously looking for another dealer. The big guys advertise too much and have to pay for that. I am going to buy from these guys very soon. They look pretty good and have very good prices: Midwest Bullion Exchange. One has to invest some sum of money for free shipping yet their prices are more than competitive.
I have checked out their BBB rating. A- yet they have no complaints. Several precious metal bloggers have given them, lets say, two thumbs up. One example: http://serious-speculator.com/2012/0...ld-and-silver/
As always your own DD is warranted. Please let us all know of what you find and think.
By the by: Got a email today from the Nevada BBB. My complaint has gone forward to Goldmart and the BBB is awaiting a answer.

Last edited by nysparkie; 04-04-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #58
n00b

Angry

Originally Posted by nysparkie View Post:
By the by: Got a email today from the Nevada BBB. My complaint has gone forward to Goldmart and the BBB is awaiting a answer.
Hi nysparkie,
What is the email id of the Nevada BBB? I would like to file a complaint.
Thanks
nysparkie likes this.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #59
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
I have to give y'all a warm thanks for all this info on what appears to be a vendor (self)-marked "avoid".

If they were anything other than a small garage operation or a total scam, they'd have jumped all over PMbug's offer already. Either way, the promise of lower premiums is simply not worth the possibility of non-delivery - the risk is not priced correctly for this trader, not even close.

This is the kind of thing an independent forum like this can really kick butt with - and this one does.
ancona, rblong2us and nysparkie like this.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #60
Mote in the Fed's eye

This is my email from Nevada BBB...
Complaint ID#: 11026987
Business Name: Goldmart.com

Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau. Your complaint was received by the BBB on April 3, 2013 and has been assigned case # 11026987. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
Goldmart.com
PO Box 1893
Carson City, NV 89702-1893

The case has been reviewed and has now been forwarded to the company for its response. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response).

We encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system to keep up with the progress of this complaint. To view the details of your case please go to the following website address:

https://www.bbb.org/reno/complaintreply/c
or
Better Business Bureau <reno.tms@bbb-email.org

Please use the following to log in:

Case ID: 11026987
Password: #####

Sincerely,

Terry Schiller
BBB Trade Practices
ancona and EWS111 like this.