Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Library > Marketplace

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #61
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 71 times
Originally Posted by superhero View Post:
Interested in how they respond.

I ordered 100 oz order about 2+ weeks ago. A few days before it was due to ship, they sent an e-mail saying it would be delayed. Several e-mails and a chat with Maria revealed they didn't have one of the items in stock (despite it being shown as in stock).

I mentioned to Maria that there have been several complaints against them, and she said they are aware of the situation, and are trying their best to resolve the issue. I'm really interested if they'll respond to PMBug's e-mail, and if so, what they'll say.

As for my order, they said it'll likely ship middle of this coming week. Will see if it actually happens.
It didn't happen. Received another e-mail saying it would be delayed. I placed my order exactly a month ago, it should have shipped on 03/22. They are 2+ weeks delinquent.

I've been one of Goldmart's biggest defenders up 'til now, but I'm done with them.

EDIT: FWIW, the item they didn't have in stock was silver Philharmonics.
nysparkie likes this.

Last edited by superhero; 04-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.
superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #62
n00b

Liked: 11 times
My scheduled shipment was last friday. Called them this evening and the same 'Maria' said that they are in the middle of shipments and I'll get the email in a minute. Nothing yet. I think they are working hard to piss everyone off.
nysparkie and EWS111 like this.
sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #63
Mote in the Fed's eye

So I called again today asked to speak to manager. She says she sorry its there fault blah blah blah. Told her to over nite my order. Guess what no conformation email
nysparkie likes this.
Ringodank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #64
Mote in the Fed's eye

Ment yesterday
Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #65
Predaceous stink bug

Has anyone asked Goldmart to cancel the order and refund their money?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #66
n00b

Liked: 4 times
Originally Posted by superhero View Post:
Has anyone asked Goldmart to cancel the order and refund their money?
I am having the same problem with my order on the Philharmonics. It is just as well. I guess if you have been active as I have, you are likely to run into some bad ones. I suspect they are playing the 'markets' with our money. If that is the case, they probably will not honor any refunds or cancellation. On the other hand, if they are at the mercy of their "depositers" for whatever that means? I really do not see why you cannot sell your order stacks back and get the difference. That is If the market has moved on your favor.
nysparkie likes this.
testrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #67
n00b

Originally Posted by sawdust View Post:
My scheduled shipment was last friday. Called them this evening and the same 'Maria' said that they are in the middle of shipments and I'll get the email in a minute. Nothing yet. I think they are working hard to piss everyone off.
Yeah. Anytime Maria C. get stumped, she calls her Big Sis who sounds like Rick Moranis on the other end sucking on a Hoover vacuum cleaner fabricating & spewing excuses and empty promises.
nysparkie likes this.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #68
Big-eyed bug

Liked: 344 times
BTW, Goldmart requested of the moderators NOT to be discussed at another PM forum.
nysparkie likes this.
Unobtanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #69
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
No email sounds weird. Maybe they're afraid someone will trace it to their current real location and take matters in hand? That's possible, you know.
nysparkie likes this.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #70
Mote in the Fed's eye

Liked: 10 times
Been 8 days since my BBB complaint went forward to Goldmart. Not a peep out of them. BBB Letter states they have 14 days to respond. Why would I expected a early answer? Duh! At least my order came through and my investment is mine....I'd just like to get my Credit Card Number out of their system...I may call Bank and ask for a halt for any payments to Goldmart or any associated names I can find. If and when I receive a response from Goldmart I will post. NEVER MORE...NEVER MORE....
nysparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #71
n00b

Liked: 1 times
Goldmart - Product arrived on time as promised

I found this forum after I had placed a large order (over 10,000 combined silver/gold) and transferred via bank wire the funds with Goldmart on April 2, 2013. It was my first order with Goldmart and after everything I had read on this forum, I figured I was screwed and would never get my order.

I called Goldmart and was assured that I would receive my order on time. I was told (not by Maria) that there had been a problem with some deliveries being delayed due to an employee leaving (in shipping) in mid-March which caused delays, but that issue has been resolved and they are working to handle the delayed orders. I was also told there were some orders that are delayed because they were waiting themselves on a few backordered products, but they had in inventory what I had ordered so delivery would be no problem. Honestly, I was still skeptical, but what was I going to do? I was at their mercy since they already had the funds.

I did call a few more times to ensure everything was progressing as I was promised and on April 9, 2013 I received an email that my product had been shipped. Today (April 11, 2013), I received the delivery (on time) as promised. The package was discreetly marked, the product was well wrapped, each bar was brand new condition and the order was complete (exactly what I ordered).

I am not posting to minimize the horrible experiences that people have had with Goldmart and/or to "gloat" that I got my order. Not at all, I was really believing I would be in the same boat as you all. I posted because if I were waiting and believing I was totally screwed out of my money I would feel some hope (after the anger wore off) that my order may still come. That is the only reason for this post.

I also agree with the poster who believes Goldmart is playing the metals market, but honestly, I think they all do. This being my first order with any online precious metals dealer I learned a valuable lesson to never make a large order to any of the online dealers via a bank wire. The best protection a person has is when they order with a credit card. If you don't get the product the bank can help to get your money back.

All of the big online dealers like Ampex, Provident, Northwest Territorial Mint and others all have horrific stories about delays, product quality, poor customer service and other horrible things. It seems that it is a crap shoot regardless of where you order if it is from an online dealer.

I will say that I did read forums and reviews before I ordered from Goldmart and almost all reviews were positive up to the last month or so when delivery issues just exploded. Prior to that the Goldmart reviews were outstanding. I just hope that everyone waiting for their order on this forum gets their order sooner than later!

My thought is that Goldmart has really screwed up with some very loyal and good customers along with some new ones! There is no denying that. If I were Goldmart, I would send a few extra silver ounces or coins to the customers that have been waiting so long as a way to apologize for the delays. I know it wouldn't change anything, but good customers are hard to come by and they deserve to not only get their order ASAP, but something for the stress these delays have cost them.

As for me, my experience with Goldmart was a good one. Let's hope that is the new trend and not the exception!
PMBug likes this.
Zelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #72
Predaceous stink bug

What did you order that was in stock?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #73
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2449 times
Hi Zelder, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree about "insurance of payment via credit card". That's what you pay for with the ~3% extra fee.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #74
n00b

Liked: 2 times
Does Goldmart Acually exist ?

On 3/17/2013 I ordered 140 silver Buffalo Rounds from Goldmart. On 3/22/2013 my check was cleared through my bank. Goldmart sent an E-mail stating they had received that check. Since then, I've heard nothing from them and it is impossible to contact them. Their live chat is never available, only recordings are heard when calling their phone number. I have sent two E-mail requesting the status of my order, but get no reply. Their web page states 7-10 days delivery after delivery of payment. It is now 24 days since my check cleared, but no silver delivery, no status of order sent t. What's with this Goldmart? Do they really exist ?? Has anyone experienced this type of trouble getting their order delivered from Goldmart ? I'm beginning to think I was ripped off. I've dealt with other bullion dealers and never had a problem.
nysparkie and EWS111 like this.
Greg C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #75
Golden Cockroach

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Greg. I could understand if they were selling inventory they didn't have on hand - expecting that they could source it on the dealer/wholesale market - and got caught as it appears that silver is hard to find now, but they should be more responsive with communicating with customers IMO. Please do let us know if they resolve your order (one way or another).
nysparkie likes this.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #76
Mote in the Fed's eye

Well my order still has not been shipped. Ivecalled to many times to count. Everyday it's a different story. On Friday I was told they didn't have two things I ordered but they would upgrade my products and would be shipped over night and be here Saturday. Well lets say no package or confirmation email. That is twice my package was suppose to be overnighted. Can't wait for tomorrow to hear this f@cking excuse. And to the guy that said he ordered and received I believe u work for goldmart
nysparkie likes this.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #77
Mote in the Fed's eye

And Greg c I ordered same day. I've called them so many times never had a problem talking to any1. So call and call. And every1 ill let u know what excuse they give me tomorrow
nysparkie likes this.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #78
Mote in the Fed's eye

Well ladies and gentleman my package has arrived, and they did hold up to there bargain. They did upgrade my silver cause they didn't have maples. Now would I deal with them again, NO. But I did get what I wanted a over a month later and 100 phone calls later. If any one is looking to buy from a place I dealt with liberty 3 times and never ever a problem. To every1 who hasn't received there product keep calling them
PMBug, benjamen, nysparkie and 2 others like this.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #79
Golden Cockroach

Great to hear that you received your order Ringo. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #80
n00b

Glad to hear that Ringo! I am still waiting for my shipment. I called them again and got my daily dosage of lies. I was told they would should out this instantly, TODAY. Yeah right. My status has not changed from last week. Their lack of transparency and hiring young family members to take in calls are unacceptable. The company is a total embarrassment to the PM establishment.
nysparkie likes this.