2017 Silver Kangaroo set for success!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States
2017 Silver Kangaroo set for success after sales of 2016 coin leap past 11 million

2017SilverKangaroo_1.sflb.ashx

The Perth Mint is pleased to announce that the 2017 Australian Kangaroo 1oz Silver Bullion Coin is available earlier than originally scheduled.

Released today, the new issue follows an exceptional debut in 2016 for Australia’s first 99.99% (four nines) pure silver bullion coin. With sales in excess of 11 million, factors behind its success included an iconic design, micro-engraved security feature, and extremely competitive pricing.

Now an established annual release from Australia’s official bullion coin program, the Silver Kangaroo is an ideal proposition for anyone seeking the safety of precious metals in a volatile economic landscape. Contributing to investors’ confidence in the coin is the trusted reputation of the 117-year old Perth Mint.

One of the world’s leading integrated refining and minting enterprises, the Mint operates Australia’s only gold and silver refinery accredited by the London Bullion Market Association. As well as producing benchmark good delivery bars and a wide range of retail investment bars, it has made almost 51 million bullion and numismatic coins over the past 30 years, which are admired for their weight, purity and designs.

The 2017 Australian Silver Kangaroo features a ‘red kangaroo’ based on the historical design first witnessed on Australian bullion coins in 1989. Like its immediate predecessor, the new coin benefits from a tiny letter ‘A’ in the reverse inscription as verification of its authenticity.

Nice looking coin. Do they have reeded edges? I can't tell from that picture.

Apparently these silver Kangaroos are legal tender with a nominal face value of $1.

2017 would be the year for numi/bullion investment.
11 million is 3 more than Pandas minted and sold.
Wh wh wh WHAT !?
I strongly doubt year two will match year one, most do not.
I will reduce my 2016 holdings for 2017's.
Trying to guess where the 5-6 million 1 oz purchases will go instead, for 2017.
One million to the Krugs and any other 1 oz guesses?

Back
Top Bottom