2023 Morgan and Peace dollars

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Not at $75+ for less than an ounce of silver. No thanks.

They should have made them in 90%, but Congress mandated .999. The 90% would have more numi value than turning it into bullion which is a commodity.

Nope for a couple of reasons:
1) I prefer the classic ones from 1878-1904/1921 and 1921-1935, not some remake
2) Not at the asking prices they want. I can get nearly 3 ounces of silver for $75, so why would I buy one ounce?

They should have made them in 90%, but Congress mandated .999. The 90% would have more numi value than turning it into bullion which is a commodity.
yeah, the .999 sucks but happy to see the morgan an peace dollars being made again. not for everyone but us coin collectors sure do love them. :)

They are nice looking but not at the price the mint wants for them. Pass. But you know something in awhile I'll probably be sorry that I am passing on them now.

Things change.

I think it's really strange how people here confuse Numismatics with BULLION. I here it time and time again. Something like "I WON"T PAY THOSE OUTLANDISH PRICES FROM THE US MINT!!!". An 1893-s morgan only has about $20 worth of silver but people pay thousands for it. An 1885-CC has a similar mintage to the 2023 Unc Morgan but both are still highly collectible and worth significantly more than their metal content.

A 1909-s VDB cent has 4 cents worth of copper yet people pay hundreds or thousands for that coin.

If you don't want to buy mint modern morgans, cool, whatever. But stop comapring them to bullion, because they aren't.

I think it's really strange how people here confuse Numismatics with BULLION. I here it time and time again. Something like "I WON"T PAY THOSE OUTLANDISH PRICES FROM THE US MINT!!!". An 1893-s morgan only has about $20 worth of silver but people pay thousands for it. An 1885-CC has a similar mintage to the 2023 Unc Morgan but both are still highly collectible and worth significantly more than their metal content.

A 1909-s VDB cent has 4 cents worth of copper yet people pay hundreds or thousands for that coin.

If you don't want to buy mint modern morgans, cool, whatever. But stop comapring them to bullion, because they aren't.

I can't speak for the others, but there is no confusion on my end. I don't spend money on collectibles because it's a limited/niche market. With bullion, it's much easier to cash out than with a numismatic item.

Finally, if you are going to throw a topic out there, you can't complain when people have views that differ from yours.

Back
Top Bottom