$291 Trillion Dollars! /Dr. Evil

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score

More: http://seekingalpha.com/article/503...tives-to-which-american-taxpayers-are-exposed

...Derivatives market some 20 times larger than GDP, I think I've heard this ratio somewhere already - I remember reading that global GDP is something about $60T, and global derivatives market somewhere around $1400+T. Ratios seems to be very similar.

That is actually a good news, because, there is no f..g way, it could be possibly repaid, ever, not in this universe (well maybe parallel universes or hidden dimensions could come to the rescue, but I'd need to rely on DCFusor's take on that theoretical possibility ) => ergo, once SHTF, there will be no nonsense "bailouts". There's not enough trees to make paper for all this monopoly money.

Derivatives market is supposed to be a 'zero sum' game
Works until it doesnt, then everything falls apart.
Except they neatly sidestepped this when Leahman was allowed to fail, by letting AIG pay out on a select few of the bets and then deciding that AIG was too big to fail, so it had to be given lots of taxpayers wonga.

Think they couldnt do something similar if an opportunity presented itself ?

Sure we can pay off the derivatives, no sweat. The US .gov is so big that I am sure they have some artists ready to go. Design and print:

$500 Paulson FRN
$1000 Geithner FRN
$5000 Obama FRN
$10,000 Bernanke FRN

Printing presses running at capacity? No problem, just stop printing $1, $5, $10 and $20s.

This is all going to implode in on itself like a black hole at the event horizon. It will happen so swiftly that nothing will be implemented and no one will even try to stop it. There are not enough resources on the entire planet to backstop one and a half quadrillion in paper.Derivatives are nothing more than financial arsenic in the bloodstream of the world, and eventually, you reach a lethal dose and the patient cannot be rescued.

Most likely one of the best posts I've ever read.

Bravo, sir...

Sorry, it isnt a credit event .........

bet void ...... Next ?

The meltdown will happen but not as a result of something we can forsee.

More: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-17/derivatives-lobby-has-u-s-regulators-on-the-run.html

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…