Aging American Leaders: What's Too Old?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Aging American Leaders: What's Too Old?​

they should be able to ride a bike....?

Age limits don't solve the problem. 'Respect your elders' comes to mind?

What's 'cool' about the elderly in leadership positions is that they know the history of the nation and are able to guide policy because of it. The 'youts of America' fall for every stupid craze that comes along. "My prounouns" for example??

It's always worked in the past until recently when the D party was usurped - and we all know who did the (intelligence) usurping!

Who 'controls' these agencies is the real problem and they're the ones pushing for CO2 regulation and climate change. They're also the ones behind the WHO/WEF et al.

So, until all those meddling perps are eliminated in some way or the other nothing will change.

If their guy were leading in the polls they wouldn't be doing it.

What the msm SHOULD be asking, but they aren't, is who the hell has been actually running things? As it is clearly not him.

I agree. I think the MSM knows very well who is running the show. Their job has been to cover that up. Now, they are throwing the pedophile under the bus and they will all line up and kiss the feet of the next puppet that will be installed.

An overwhelming majority of Americans think President Joe Biden is too old to serve another term, according to a new ABC News/Ipsos poll.

According to the poll, conducted using Ipsos' Knowledge Panel, 86% of Americans think Biden, 81, is too old to serve another term as president. That figure includes 59% of Americans who think both he and former President Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner, are too old and 27% who think only Biden is too old.

Sixty-two percent of Americans think Trump, who is 77, is too old to serve as president. There is a large difference in how partisans view their respective nominees -- 73% of Democrats think Biden is too old to serve but only 35% of Republicans think Trump is too old to serve. Ninety-one percent of independents think Biden is too old to serve, and 71% say the same about Trump.

Opinion: Age is one thing, when it comes to leadership — sanity is another​

A special counsel’s comment about Joe Biden’s age has triggered an energetic debate about the president’s mental acuity compared to that of GOP presumptive nominee Donald Trump. Veteran columnist Walter Shapiro (who doesn’t reveal his own age) says Biden’s decision to run for reelection “may prove to be the most self-indulgent act by a Democrat president in modern history.”

So far in this campaign year, Biden’s age is getting much more attention than his record as one of America’s most effective presidents — so effective that Trump often tries to take credit for Biden’s accomplishments. “THIS IS THE TRUMP STOCK MARKET,” Trump trumpeted recently on his social media site as the stock market reached unprecedented heights.

Biden has presided over recovery from the pandemic (all the jobs lost from COVID were regained by 2022) with an economy stronger than any other country’s. America’s infrastructure is finally being repaired, and the nation is making unprecedented investments in clean energy and resilience to climate change. The wealth of Black and Hispanic families grew 61 and 47 percent, respectively, between 2019 and 2022, and 31 percent among white families.

The worst thing we can say about Biden’s performance is that he doesn’t brag about it enough.

More:

“THIS IS THE TRUMP STOCK MARKET,” Trump trumpeted recently on his social media site as the stock market reached unprecedented heights.

Lefties struggle with the idea that the markets look forward and discounts what they believe to be the future. This is one reason that truly unforeseen surprises can be so devastating. You get instant reappraisals. Today's stock price is more to do with a mixture of the expectations for the next year than anything else. These days, chief among those expectations is liquidity conditions. This has little to do with either candidate or even the real economy. The market is increasingly disconnected from main street, which can happen, to a point.

I checked Truth, albeit not exhaustively, and while I can find accounts claiming this Trumps account doesn't come up in my search.

The wealth of Black and Hispanic families grew 61 and 47 percent, respectively, between 2019 and 2022, and 31 percent among white families.

Pure unadulterated headline BULLSHIT. Honestly, you have to be a complete gibbering idiot to swallow this. Taking headline numbers that have been driven by massive inflation is bogus, just as bogus as claiming that sales were up. While true, in dollar terms, the fact is less product shifted. Counting transfer payments and inflation as an increase in wealth is to treat the voting public as dribbling idiots. Oh wait, we are talking about the Democratic cult and their 'leader', so I suppose anything goes.

Opinion: Age is one thing, when it comes to leadership — sanity is another​

A special counsel’s comment about Joe Biden’s age has triggered an energetic debate about the president’s mental acuity compared to that of GOP presumptive nominee Donald Trump. Veteran columnist Walter Shapiro (who doesn’t reveal his own age) says Biden’s decision to run for reelection “may prove to be the most self-indulgent act by a Democrat president in modern history.”

So far in this campaign year, Biden’s age is getting much more attention than his record as one of America’s most effective presidents — so effective that Trump often tries to take credit for Biden’s accomplishments. “THIS IS THE TRUMP STOCK MARKET,” Trump trumpeted recently on his social media site as the stock market reached unprecedented heights.

Biden has presided over recovery from the pandemic (all the jobs lost from COVID were regained by 2022) with an economy stronger than any other country’s. America’s infrastructure is finally being repaired, and the nation is making unprecedented investments in clean energy and resilience to climate change. The wealth of Black and Hispanic families grew 61 and 47 percent, respectively, between 2019 and 2022, and 31 percent among white families.

The worst thing we can say about Biden’s performance is that he doesn’t brag about it enough.

More:

Related:

Inside the mind of Donald Trump: his niece Mary Trump speaks to Andrew Marr​

Feb 19, 2024

Mary L Trump, niece of the former President Donald Trump, joined Andrew Marr on LBC to discuss her uncle's hopes at the next election and what that means for international stability.

Mary Lea Trump is an American psychologist and writer. A niece of former US president Donald Trump, she has been critical of him as well as the rest of the Trump family. Her 2020 book about him and the family, Too Much and Never Enough, sold nearly one million copies on the day of its release.

12:07

We all trust psychologists, don't we? Talk to Jordan about his profession, holycrap!!! I've been out with a few as a younger man, fucked up trouble, every one of them. They become psychologists to work their crap out! If there is a soft science that is more fucked up than economics, it's psychology!

They envy the wealth, these LITTLE souls, I'm sure you relate to that. LMFAO!

She's just ANOTHER bitter little asshole...

Opinion | Why Republicans Are Making a Big Mistake on Biden’s Age​

I’m a Republican strategist — and I think my party is making a big mistake.

02/22/2024

Alex Conant is a Republican strategist and partner at Firehouse Strategies, a public affairs firm based in Washington, D.C.

Many Republicans seem to think zeroing in on President Joe Biden’s age is the easy path to victory in November. House GOP lawmakers quickly announced a hearing with Special Counsel Robert Hur, where they are sure to highlight his report characterizing the president as an “elderly man with a poor memory.” But Republicans are making a big mistake if they think voters will not reelect a geriatric politician.

As a Republican strategist who has bluntly tried to make the case for generational change against an opposing presidential candidate, I can tell you it doesn’t really work.

Democrats are concerned about fallout from the Hur report, but as I learned the hard way, there is very little evidence that voters actually care about political leaders’ ages. The record is clear, albeit depressing: One is hard pressed to identify a single president, governor or senator who lost reelection because voters thought they were too old. And that’s despite many younger challengers leveling that attack.

In the last midterm elections, voters on both sides of the aisle put little stake in mental acuity: An 89-year-old Republican senator was reelected in Iowa, while a Democratic Senate candidate with serious cognitive health concerns was elected in Pennsylvania. Meanwhile, both our current and previous presidents set age records after beating younger opponents in the primary and general elections.

More:

Memory Expert on Biden, Trump, and the Stereotypes of Aging | Amanpour and Company​

Mar 8, 2024

President Biden's self-assured delivery of the State of the Union address challenged doubts about his age. Since the start of his presidential campaign, Biden’s every slip-up has been under the microscope, from momentary forgetfulness to misspoken words. Neuroscientist Charan Ranganath believes that we have been oversimplifying the way we think about age and memory. In his new book "Why We Remember,” the author shares years of his research. He discusses with Hari Sreenivasan.

17:53

Back
Top Bottom