Allocated gold scams?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
ZH contributor George Washington compiles a list of scam allegations:
In 2007, Morgan Stanley paid out $4.4 million to settle a class-action lawsuit by its clients after Morgan Stanley charged them to buy and "store" precious metals for them, but neither bought or stored the metals.

(Similarly, a 2011 class-action lawsuit filed in federal court in New York accused UBS Financial Services of misleading silver investors and harging them storage fees for metal that was never actually purchased, segregated, and stored for them.)

Avery Goodman points out that Morgan Stanley has once again just launched a similar scam, offering "allocated" metals, but gaming the definition so that the holdings are not really allocated.

On May 21st, Matterhorn Asset Management's Egon von Greyerz alleged that Swiss banks are trading physical gold bullion which is being held in special "allocated" accounts for its customers:

More: http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-07-06/are-banks-raiding-allocated-gold-accounts

:paperbag:

And this is why I support my non-company-sponsored 401-M account.

401-Mattress.

:)

I just can't support this "central bullion vault" practice. It seems ridiculous that anyone with good financial sense and a need for security would trust a bullion storage game.

I guess if your money isn't really that important to you and you have plenty to burn, or your are "diversified"... then ok, I guess. It's your money!

Hey.....do me a favor and hold on to this gold for me.....OK?

Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea? These storage scams are just that....scams. They are like a self licking ice cream cone for the banks, but a great way for you and I to lose a shitload of cabbage.

no sleep for me tonight )-:

wait .......

" I guess if your money isn't really that important to you and you have plenty to burn, or your are "diversified"... then ok, I guess. It's your money! "

phew, its all ok (-:

Anyway, Bullionvault and Goldmoney promised me .........

Back
Top Bottom