Amazon Execs Intentionally Made Site Shittier to Rake in More Profit, New Quotes from FTC Lawsuit Show

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Amazon Execs Intentionally Made Site Shittier to Rake in More Profit, New Quotes from FTC Lawsuit Show​

Newly unredacted sections of the Federal Trade Commission’s complaint against Amazon for “illegally maintaining monopoly power” show that company executives, including former CEO Jeff Bezos, knowingly made changes to the e-commerce platform that boosted profits while harming consumers and sellers, and making the site less usable.

The newly-revealed sections, which were initially redacted in the September complaint, quote internal Amazon documents and numerous unnamed Amazon officials as well as founder and former CEO Jeffrey Bezos. These quotes show that the company intentionally accepted an increasing number of junk advertisements that made the site worse to use for both sellers and customers and forced sellers to pay more for visibility, the FTC alleges.

Read the rest:

From Oct 12th.............

Talking about best prices!!

I usually shop AMZN for 'stuff', but I also check elsewhere.

Point in case... Pickling Lime.... aka Sodium Hydroxide

AMZN $12 (prime)

ACEHardware $6

same size and manufacturer!!

I was getting frustrated with the search results on amazon and then saw the lawsuit announced the next day. I know there are better options in the products I was looking for, but it kept giving sponsored results only

Back
Top Bottom