Americans bought a lot of Canadian gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Canadian gold exports jumped in April, pushing the nation's export volumes to record highs, according to Statistics Canada.
The soaring metal product exports included rising gold shipments from Canadian financial institutions to the United States. Statistics Canada said that increased interest in Canadian gold products indicates economic uncertainty.

"The gain largely reflected higher transfers of gold assets from Canadian financial institutions to the United States," the press release added. "These increases came amid a context of economic uncertainty when investors tend to favor safe-haven metals such as gold and silver."

These elevated levels are not expected to last into May or June, Reuters quoted Stuart Bergman, chief economist at Export Development Canada, as saying.

"The cautionary note is many of those volume shipments reflect those truckloads of gold being shipped down to the U.S., and so certainly that's not something that we would expect to see repeated in future months," Bergman said. "At face value, the headline number is fairly good, but as you dig a little bit deeper, there is cause for some concern as to whether we would expect to see these export gains repeated in May and June."

Are premiums on Canadian gold products lower than US Mint or other comparable products?

Slightly lower premiums and currently #2 preferred to USA PMs.

I like the Brits and SA bullion better because of their lower premiums.

Canadian PMs are considered on par with USA. Aussie, UK and Phils have been considered 2nd & 3rd tier, but Idon't know why.

Last edited:
Yeah, I try not to buy anything canadaian since there prez is a cuck bitch, just like amerikkka's.

So you will also avoid the Perth and Britannias and S. America and Philharmonics.... gonna be left with?
Actually yes. I don't buy any of that foreign shit with the exception of S Afrikian krugerands and us gold.

I was never a fan of the maple leaf, but Canadian women are very under rated. Most are liberals which is their major malfunction, but they outclass American women in many other ways.

If you like SA krugs, then you will love the .9999 elephants.

i really dont care where it comes from....a melting pot doesn't give a crap whose face or art design is on a coin .....but if its all the same money buy the best you can at the lowest prices because some people care

Back
Top Bottom