Amputees could feel warmth of human touch with new bionic technology

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Amputees could feel warmth of human touch with new bionic technology​

GENEVA, May 18 (Reuters) - Fabrizio Fidati, who lost his right hand in an accident 25 years ago, had not experienced the sensation of temperature in his missing digits until trials for a bionic technology unlocked the cool of iced water and heat of a stove burner for him.

Eventually, the researchers hope it could lead to a more natural feeling of loved ones when he is wearing his prosthetic.

More:

When I read the short bit posted here, I thought they might be stimulating nerves in the stump of the missing limb and was getting amped to learn how they decoded and reproduced different nerve messages. But what they actually did was mirror sensor info to pads on the intact, complementary limb. Still cool, but not as cool as I was imagining.

Back
Top Bottom