An "ancona moment", two actually

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
If I may coin the term "ancona moment" (at least for the moment) I will pass along my version that happened yesterday AND today (our daughter still has not emailed the details of her encounter with the dumbasses at TSA).

Yesterday I went to renew my Driver's License, which is now more of a pain in the butt than it used to be. So (after being advised by a cop here what I needed to bring) I went over to the place where I (we) had it done last. They were gone (moved)! Grrr... Almost half a day wasted...

So I Googled DMV and Miami and got the nearest place (downtown Miami). Went down there today, walked in, the guy said "take a number", I did and then I waited. There were only about 12 ahead of me. When that number was down to about only 5 or so ahead of me, I heard a worker-bee there say "registrations only here!" (at her window). I then asked the security guard if I could get my driver's license renewed here, he said no (of course). But, he was kind enough to give me a list of locations that do that, all are far from where we live... Grrr...

Zero for Two!

Check out the documents you need (for Florida), just to renew:

-- old Driver's License (used to be ALL you needed)
-- US passport or birth certificate (state issued, not hospital)
-- Social Security Card (or other proof of your SS #)
-- two utility bills proving you live here

DoChenRollingBearing sincerely invites members of Al-Qaeda to get lined up in front of the iron sights of my AK-47 for a display of "how I feel" now that you bastids made our .gov create "Homeland Security".

DoChenRollingBearing sincerely invites members of Al-Qaeda to get lined up in front of the iron sights of my AK-47 for a display of "how I feel" now that you bastids made our .gov create "Homeland Security".
Quite frankly I think that your gov created BOTH the DHS as well as AlCIAda. :noevil:

Last edited:
These fucking alphabet soup agencies are running loose and playing with our fundamental rights as if they were optional. Fuck these communist cocksuckers!

I have the right to keep and bear arms. No interpretation needed! I can have a fucking gun! Don't like it? Try and take it away from me asshole.

While I'm at it, my fourth amendment guarantee against unreasonable search and seizure is broken every single time I go to the airport to fly somewhere. Are you afraid of terrorists???? Fucking walk asshole! I shouldn't have to undergo an anal inspection just to fly to fucking Canton. If you are so afraid of AlQuaida [sp.] then travel a different way, because I will roll the dice and fly. In fact, if I could still carry on a flight, which was allowed until 1965, anyone who tried to hijack a plane on my watch would be promptly executed. Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads, because they are stealing my oxygen and need culling anyway.

Don't even get me started here...........don't even get me started.

Yeah, ancona, "Molon Labe", come and get it bitchez!

I will email my daughter to send me the details of her recent patdown by TSA. It'll make you laugh and curl your hair at the same time!

GREAT WEEKEND everyone!

Ancona

is anger your default state ?

perhaps a right to smoke weed might be more appropriate than a right to bear arms

Third time was the charm!

40 minutes to drive over there. Two and 1/2 hours (in 4 lines and two times I had to wait sitting down). 40 minutes back. Almost 4 hours (today) just to get my friggin' License renewed (not counting the other days).

Ancona

is anger your default state ?

perhaps a right to smoke weed might be more appropriate than a right to bear arms

Actually, I'm a pretty calm person, but I do use this board and my own stupid little blog to vent my frustrations at what I see as an oppressive, liberty thieving overlord of a government. I get truly annoyed whenever some liberal suckhole starts spouting bullshit about how guns kill people, when we all know that only people kill people. What the gun haters refuse to acknowledge is the true statistical evidence about guns and gun owners, which completely discredit their arguments.

Actually, I am the calmest when sitting in one of our Cat 330's with some headphones on, wrecking a building. But, I have been out of the cab [so to speak] for over fifteen years, so I only get to do it when I'm visiting a project in the field.

Just another "advantage" of living in the big city. I went to my local DMV right near closing time the other day to turn in some plates and xfer some others from one car I sold to the Volt (my FUSOR tags), took about 3 min, pleasant chat with the cutie behind the desk. They mailed me a check for the turned in tags, on time.

But yeah, go at lunchtime near the end of the month with all the other last-minute losers...not so nice. My only copy of my birth certificate even I can't read, but they take it.

I don't mean to spoil the party here (see, games people play) but that sort of thing has a locality-bias about it, as I've found. In big cities, where no one knows everyone, and attitudes match - it's not as nice a place to be. Here if someone like that is a jerk - well, maybe you don't get invited to parties anymore, that kind of thing. Makes interfacing with at least the local govt a lot nicer - we know where you live!

When I lived in NOVA, about the only way cops caught anyone doing anything was at a road checkpoint, where they would just kinda look over everything and see if you had a bag of dope or something. No detectives worthy of the name. Here...well, everyone knows everyone, and simply by MO or obvious junk left at a crime - they know where to go to pick the guy up, and as a consequence, can leave the rest of us alone. We're soooooo backwards out here compared to that high falutin civilization y'all keep mentioning.:pffftt:

@ ancona

We tried to get Timken to sell us bearings for Cat machines in Peru (the local Cat Dealer charges VERY HIGH prices for spare parts, $$$). I worked pretty hard to get part interchange info (Cat part number = this bearing number), but Timken did not want to play ball with lil ol Ameru. So we buy from Korea, they treat us better.

When I lived up north (in Virginia!) I occasionally sent bearings to my customer in Qatar as well as other Cat parts. The Cat Dealer soon figured out what I was up to (not buying for a local machine) and cut me off.

I hear ya re using your blog to work out frustrations. I just put up a piece on our Debt and an interesting video (probably a MUST SEE for you DCFusor!) put out by NANEX re HFT from 2007 - 2012.

Actually, I'm a pretty calm person ......
I am the calmest when sitting in one of our Cat 330's with some headphones on, wrecking a building. But, I have been out of the cab [so to speak] for over fifteen years, so I only get to do it when I'm visiting a project in the field.

aahhhhh the dreaded cat 330 high reach demolition jobbie

I would enjoy doing the high level banksmans job in this link (-;

All those empty houses that no one wants Ancona, you have plenty of calming ahead of you

great title -

Demolition of Historic White House for New Bennett & Bloom Eye Centers Building

big disappointment though -

Glad I don't live in FL. I renewed my DL a couple of months ago. Took me all of 10 minutes and I never left my house. Next renewal, in 5 years, will require me to appear at DMV to renew. Hopefully, it won't be a FL type of experience.

Back
Top Bottom