Ancestry

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well fellas', I got the surprise of my lifetime two days ago. I got an Ancestry kit for Christmas with my daughter, and we finally did the things about eight weeks ago. When we got our results, we set up accounts and everything, looked at the results and I sort of forgot about it. Well flash forward. I got a message in my e-mail at work saying I had a message in my Ancestry inbox. So, I log in, go to my message center and see a message from a young woman. She has a 100% DNA match with me. Apparently one of my conquests from my youth had a baby, put her up for adoption, and now, she's looking for her birth parents. Well, she found me. She looks just like my current daughter, smart as hell and lives pretty close to me. The wife and kid are shocked, needless to say, but this was before I was married, so.....

Anyhow, We e-mailed back and forth these last few days, sharing pics and information about ourselves and lives, which has been both weird and cool.

Holy shit.
! :wave::flail:

Some of them rocket scientists and their ilk are now being tracked down as a result of them doing sperm donation to help infertile couples.
'Because we have a right to know who our parents are ...'

Not sure its always going to be helpful to have a new offspring plonked into someones life 20 years after the event.

I had an older half brother who was an arrogant shelfish arse. He apparently got a girl pregnant as a teenager ( late 1940's ) and she tracked me and my brother down asking if we would do a DNA swab as possible links through our Father.
I believe my brother agreed.
Then she wanted to know what sort of a person her probable father was ..........

Has her fiance approached you about a dowry yet? /jk

Must be a bit surreal to be in that situation. Cheers.

PMBug,
It is absolutely surreal. I have been tripping balls. For all the years I spent in Europe when I worked on the ships, I am terrified of the possibility of a tsunami of messages from little European Anconas.

Welp, I've been talking to her a lot now, and so has her sister, Little Ancona. I just got back from Indy, where I spent four days with my five Alpha Wolf Sisters, who now know about my "new" daughter. They are totally on board. Chloe is stoked to finally know she has not just family, but a huge one with loads of women. All the Alp[has are talking to her, and the Queen Bee is buying tickets for me, Little Ancona and Chloe to come up so she can meet all my sisters and some cousins.

Me and L.A. are going across the state to meet her next weekend and spend the day with her which is exciting, although we've shared pictures ans spoken, I can't wait. Mama Bear is still trying to wrap her head around all this.

I'll try and keep the flow of information going and provide sauce if I can.

Did the service you used advertise that they open their results to anyone to look for matches? Did you know beforehand that this was a possibility?

Did the service you used advertise that they open their results to anyone to look for matches? Did you know beforehand that this was a possibility?

That was kind of the idea. Plus, my family was "building their tree and needed my DNA and my daughters DNA [Little Ancona] Little did I know there was another Little one out there. It has been a very, very interesting few weeks. The three of us have plane tickets to fly back up north and do a quick tour of Indy and then down to Cincinnati to see the sisters so the girls can meet their aunts. Little Ancona has only ever spoken to them on the phone and on Faceplant.

Back
Top Bottom