another, FOA, FOFOA

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

escobar

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
http://screwtapefiles.blogspot.com/2012/01/lord-gordon-william-humphreys.html

Saw this post discusses trying to discern the identity of another and FOA. Pretty heavy, insider type conjecture. Curious who you guys think these guys are. Any thoughts who this FOFOA is?

Basically potentially high level person from the bank of england and bank of international settlements.

Maybe we can start some great threads and people will look back and say who were these guys on PM bug, haha.

Interesting stuff.

Good link Escobar. Thank you

I too wondered about their identity, then decided that their words and thoughts carried enough weight for their identity not to be necessary.

Their sheer weight of intellect shines through and is almost overpowering.
I admit I am in awe of these guys and consider some of FOFOA's posts to be the most intellectual challenges I have been able to meet ( ie any more complex and I would fold )
I still believe it is the 'deepest' real info I have found on the internet.

Think youve created something of an appetite to rework the trail ..........
but then again it was a huge effort first time round

perhaps just a quick dip .......

doh !

and im still upset that someone outed 'The Stig', a 'faceless' pro driver on 'Top Gear' a very popular petrol head TV programme here in Blighty.

WOW! Good catch Escobar.....Good catch!!!

This is actually quite fucked up, because it signifies to me that "Another" has caught the attention of the "Wrong People", if you catch what I mean.

thanks, i actually have to credit my brother who passed it on to me. I am slowly going through the old FOFOA posts as well as the volumonous another and FOA posts.

One common theme i read in the another posts are with oil. was reading his posts in 1997 and the arab world cornering the gold mkt etc. I know doubt a large part of our wars etc have to do with trying to maintain the dollar relationship with oil and maintaining the usd reserve fx status.

However, how do these theories work in a world with ever new technologies. Obviously oil is still of great importance but we have come a long way since 1997. We have many strides to make on alternatives but progress we are making. The US is also the Saudi Arabia of nat gas, from what I hear. I wonder how all this plays into this new world order, relating to gold etc.

Slowly getting a better grasp of their freegold concept. Not sure how that jives with everyday short termed thinking politicians but its interesting.

Certainly will keep me busy reading for a whille, ha.

I will watch the video later, as we have been invited to go sailing this afternoon!

But, AFAIK, "Another" was a European (or English), FOA may have been an American. FOFOA is an American.

He's the best. His articles are an intellectual voyage.

Disclosure: I contribute to his blog.

OK, I am back from sailing with Linda & Tom, who were very kind to invite us. It was a bit nippy (79 F) with a little breeze, but nice and sunny. Left at 4:30 and did not get back to their marina until 9:30. We watched the sun go down...

I went to read Robert Leroy Parker (who has been commenting at FOFOA's blog a long time, maybe he is a real live FOFOFOA!). I am going to guess that RLP is running with this one on his own, I would guess (but do not know) that FOFOA himself might not even care too much about exact identities.

FOFOA has taken the writings of those two, and extended those thoughts on what he calls "freegold".

all that sailing Do Chen and not a single ounce lost ! some kind of a record methinks (-;

When someone well placed wants to share something they consider important with the world but their position makes this impossible, it seems to me that its a bit disrespectful to go digging around speculating as to who it might be.
It could even be someone who is considered 'dark side' with a conscience.

Take the freely given words and immerse yourself in them.
Ask yourself if they are words of disinformation and fear, or words of truth ?

I know what conclusion I came to.

but i didnt come to the same conclusion for Wynter Benton ........

I have been trying to go through all the past notes. Some of the FOFOA posts are dramatically long. I am trying to see if there is consistency in their thoughts. Like I said in the early Another posts he constantly talks about oil and the arab countries cornering the gold mkt. Now i Just here when the gold paper mkt burns gold will catapault. So what happened to oil and the arab cornering? I havnt read all the posts yet so dont know if FOFOA addresses that.

Also I started reading the post where he discusses why he doesnt like silver, just views it as another commodity. The pt I dont get is, If we are gonna have massive hyperinflation of teh fx to get a global reset on the debt built up why wont silver measured in say the fx $ go up just like gold that is being measured in the new fx? Isnt that why people own real assets anyways to protect against inflation. Why would gold do so much better vs other real assets like silver etc? We are just talking about nominal dollars here.

So far I cant tell if his obtuse way of writing is purposley trying to make a simple concept difficult in order to make his views carry more weight. Just to kinda impress people etc.

So far I cant tell if his obtuse way of writing is purposley trying to make a simple concept difficult in order to make his views carry more weight. Just to kinda impress people etc.

I did some sleuthing and found a picture of him!

2edpjep.jpg

@ rblong3us

I completely missed the point re your comment re sailing! It did not occur to me to bring along my gold! My bad! LOL thx to you!

+ 1

Since I did NOT bring my gold, there was no accident! I'll know better NEXT time!

Haha, I love boating with my pms, it creates such a nice counterbalance on the boat. The downside is you invariably lose a lot of pms during storms. But I feel it's a small price to pay for piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom