Anti-rant

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DCFusor

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Well, I'd never reach ancona's level in a real rant anyway. Just a little entertainment, coming back from the store in the AM Friday.
How did I screw up to live in such a great place? This was AM rush hour(!).

Actually, it's kind of tough to get going here, unless you have enough dough, or a job - you earn it - nature takes some doing to manage, and you can just forget dominating it - it's a lot bigger than you.. So, so did nearly all your neighbors, so you get to live among the cool folk as an extra bonus. The losers got lost along the way. So, all you city folk - keep thinking like that - stay there and leave this for me! :rotflmbo: Funny how city people think it's more civilized (because they only need to walk half a block to get mugged?). I respectfully disagree. This is it.

Have a great weekend, Y'all.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
low batteries or hidden speed cameras Fusor ?

its great when theres no sign of life for an entire journey and i fully endorse your antirant.

long may it last.

Love the green scene DCF.

"Russians" in the background at some stage - actually, that song was censored out in Polish (I suppose most/all of the Eastern Block) release(s) of Sting's LPs, so I only learned about it's existence after '89 :) What a nice surprise it was :)

Sting got that a little wrong, but I'm darned glad he did that tune - he was one of the dominoes that made the walls fall - they couldn't keep pop culture out of Russia any more than anyplace else.

Where he was wrong was Oppenheimer - he lost his clearance due to his objection to ever larger nukes, and a new lab was even built/staffed because it was felt he still had too much influence with the people at the one he was ejected from. But his name has the right number of syllables to fit the tune...Teller, Ulam, Fermi, and others (including a long list of Russians, like Sakarov) would have been more factual, but hey...I don't always agree with his politics (violence never solves anything - obviously he forgets WWII and why he isn't speaking German now).

No low batteries, it's just that filming while driving is dangerous enough without going my usual haul-ass speeds (why do all the NASCAR drivers come from places like this? You have to really haul to get anywhere in decent time - trained almost from birth!). I need a rider with brass balls to hold the camera if you want to see the good driving shots.

Even then I was speeding - 50's mph in a 45. There are no speed cameras around here at all (there are red-light cameras in town in a couple places), and only about 3-4 cops, none of which are ever on these roads except when going to-from work.
They stay safe and comfortable in their donut shops in the main.

That was all about life - oh, you mean humans, a tiny subset of the life in these parts, which is one reason it's so nice. And at that, the natural selection process kicks out the losers, primarily. Nature is very powerful here - like other places, but on acid. When it's nice, it's great, when it gets "angry" - look out. If you are a prick, no one will help you when nature gets ya - and you leave, usually bankrupt. So only the good guys survive here.

Which is why I laugh at most bug-out (at the last instant) plans. They don't take all that into account. You don't move out here into a push-button, zero labor world - you have to earn it, and earn the respect of the others here, who you're going to need some help from at some point. They're going to be kind of busy when a bugger arrives, helping themselves and each other, first, in our little "libertarian communism" scheme we've set up around these parts. It's not that they'll shoot you, it's just that starting from scratch (as I did in about '80) is hard and takes awhile, especially without help.

Back
Top Bottom