Anybody here own a sigma metalytics precious metals verifier?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JayDubya

Ground Beetle
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Anybody here own a sigma metalytics precious metals verifier?

If so, can you please tell me if one has to purchase the wands?
This notice appears on their website:

Please Note:​

Some versions of the PMV Original used to be sold without any Wands, and some versions used to be sold with just the Small and Large Wands (without the Bullion Wand). If you are purchasing through a distributor, please confirm which version of the PMV Original they are offering to ensure the device has the correct Wands for your needs.

I've seen various reviews and videos and they contradict each other.
Some say they're not necessary and some say they're a must have.

In addition, I've seen some say the base model (what they call the original) only measures a quarter of a MM deep into the surface, while others say 2MM. But I believe the signal depth also depends on the wand used.
So the pro version is being recommended because it sends the signal all the way through the coin/bar but it's nearly twice the price.

Then there's this note on the Sigma website:

ATTENTION​

The PMV Original is not an all-in-one testing device. It is critically important to test the density of your samples in addition to testing the resistivity. The PMV Original only tests the resistivity of the sample. A sample can only be considered genuine if both the resistivity and density are correct. The PMV PRO series does test both density and resistivity, but when testing with the PMV Original, the user must test density separately on their own.

I think I'm at the point where I can't see the forest for the trees.
Been looking into this for so long that I've got myself all (as my dad used to say) cattywampus.

So, anybody here own one? or ever used one? Can someone please set the record straight?

Also, does anybody have a used one they'll like to sell? If so, what model is it? does it come with the wands? and lastly, what are you wanting for it?
Thanks
J.W.

Please feel free to move this to the PM bug section instead of the Gold bug section - thanks!

The wands are good for extra small items and bullion bars. The pro with wands is really all you need. They have a new investor model that I don't know anything about yet. Has a lower price point than the pro.

The density test is necessary today as the quality of fakes is getting much better. Go to YouTube. Look up silverdragons. He has a great review on all 3 and might even have a vid on the new investor model. I don't know. I might check later.

Hey BeefJerky, thanks for the input.

I'm hoping Rory can get his EON Coin Cradle out to market soon.
He initially anticipated a August/September release. Now, in a PM, he's said he's hopeful for a release sometime before Christmas.

If you're interested, check out this thread:
https://www.pmbug.com/threads/eon-coin-cradle-gold-and-silver-coin-testing-update.6270/

It's a much less expensive option than the sigma but, as Tom Petty would say - the waiting is the hardest part.

Right now, I have to take my stuff to a buddy who tests it for me. While that's very nice of him, it's just an inconvenience to find time in his schedule and to drive down there.

Ebay has the best prices on those lately.

Back
Top Bottom