Anybody Stacking Sterling?

Do you stack stering flatware?

• yes, as much and as often as possible

• yes, but only when there's no other silver available

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jrog100

Predaceous Stink Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Russia
Just curious if anyone else is adding sterling to there stack? Why or Why not?

Typically, no. It seems to be getting close to spot when buying, but selling is a crap shoot. There are too many other, less risky silver investments to make with given funds.

That's not to say I pass up a real bargain; but to buy sterling, I need to get it at a very deep discount.

(For GIMer's, I did sell a couple of nice pieces of sterling to The Shootist a couple years' back) :)

Typically, no. It seems to be getting close to spot when buying, but selling can be a crap shoot. There are too many other, less risky silver investments to make with given funds.

That's not to say I pass up a real bargain; but to buy sterling, I need to get it at a very deep discount.

Selling? What is this "selling" word of which you speak? LOL

There was a dairy in our area called the Sterling Dairy. I picked up one of their rounds for nostalgia sake but I don't normally buy it.

Selling? What is this "selling" word of which you speak? LOL
Hey, if a guy can buy sterling cheap, cheap, cheap...flip it for a profit to buy more .999, well...it's an overwhelming compulsion:cool:

(I put 40% Kennedy's and 35% war nickels in the same category)

Hey, if a guy can buy sterling cheap, cheap, cheap...flip it for a profit to buy more .999, well...it's an overwhelming compulsion:cool:

(I put 40% Kennedy's and 35% war nickels in the same category)

This is the only reason I would buy sterling (or 40% or war nickels). I wouldn't call it stacking as I have no intention or desire to keep it for the long term. Flipping is more appropriate.

I bought some silver settings. They are nice to eat from. In addition they still have value.
Not an investment for sale but to pass down to my boys.
C

Back
Top Bottom