are Japanese good tippers?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
50 year old exec from Japan want to come and stay with my cousin (Im invited too) for 5 days and be shown Chicago.

Part of me says to opt out.

She has a 1 bedroom apartment. What could go right?

Last edited:
what do a japanese exec find impressive? I know they are big on saving face.

They like formalities. If you really want to impress the guy, have a business card made up with your info on the front in English and Japanese on the reverse (if you want to be really slick). When you meet him, bow and hand him your card holding it out with both hands such that he can read it. Take his card with both hands in the same manner and admire both sides of it. Hold onto his card or keep it out until you can put it away without him seeing you do so. If you do it he will be impressed.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette_in_Japan#Business_cards

And Elvis. Japanese love Elvis.

He had sent me some mocha coffee. I graciously accepted it. I lied and said I loved it. I dont really want any more tho. Their coffee is hard on the stomach.

I am going to let my female cousin handle most of the plans. But I will need to be A1- she routinely ends up in the hospital for a few days. I told him that- she lives with in walking distance of coffee, donuts, burgers, tacos- and so on.

My cousin- LOVES to spend money. This is the one that treated me to $100 hair cut/dye. I had mine cut today for $5 and $1 tip.

I know she wants me to dress a little nicer - I am on that too. I have to mail back some old navy stuff- I have to get a bigger size.

My cousin is single- well divorced- age 46. The japanese guy is married- so I sort of have to be at least in and out.

One complaint and my cousin is well aware of this- is I do not like air fresheners at all. She plugs them in everywhere.

We have until early Summer to figure it all out.

I am bummed out. My cousin cancelled.

I told our friend in Japan if he flied to Williamsport I can host him.

The cheaper fares are Harrisburg- but I always get lost down there. My cousin said he new boyfreind and her brother wont allow it. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom