Argentina Applies to Become a NATO “Global Partner” As Long-Time US Client State, Colombia, Eyes BRICS Membership

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
From the link:

When it comes to foreign policy, Argentina’s Javier Milei government appears to have only one guiding principle: to align itself with the US and Israel as closely as possible, whatever the cost. As I reported on Tuesday, it seems intent on embroiling Argentina in conflicts thousands of miles away, including in Ukraine and the Middle East. Yesterday (Thursday, April 18), we heard further confirmation of that when the country’s Minister of Defense, Luis Petri, announced from Brussels that he had delivered a letter to NATO headquarters expressing Argentina’s interest in becoming a Global Partner of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

“I met with Mircea Geoana, deputy secretary general of NATO,” said Petri. “I presented the letter of intent that expresses Argentina’s request to become a global partner of this organization. We will continue working to recover links that allow us to modernize and train our forces to NATO standards.”

Here’s what NATO’s official website had to say on the development:

More:

Milei be going for those good guy deals from the IMF I guess.

Back
Top Bottom