Australian postal service will not ship bullion internationally

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Coins, bank notes and bullion

In addition to this list, we won't deliver bullion, bank notes or coins in any international services. ...

This prohibition applies even if the destination country does accept valuables at their end.

I found that curious. Regulations here in the USA for shipping internationally allow shipping bullion as long as you fill out all the necessary forms AFAIK.

Foodgold: I also suspect the the Aussies might not trust their own employees. How many time have you heard the USPS informing the public not to send money through our mail service. We have the same problem that they do.

I suspect it has to do with insurance.
I suspect it's to demonize gold, as they've demonized guns.

The Australian Broadcasting Company (ABC, there) a state-owned network, has a 60-Minutes knockoff program. They conned Peter Schiff, who was at the time running Euro-Pacific Bank, a non-lending bullion bank that didn't do USA business...conned him into an interview, and twisted it and made, outside the interview in cuts, allegations of the bank being insolvent and a money-laundering outfit.

Apparently it was not so, but regulators then closed it down. EVEN THOUGH a competitor had offered to buy the bank at a fair price...he was prepared to sell, and the bank examiners were prepared to allow it, but word came down from on-high, and the sale was blocked.

I guess people with deposits are still in limbo after a year of having their accounts sequestered...strange, since the money IS PRESENT...they're still looking for charges to place on Schiff, but can't find any that will stick.

All because he trafficked in bullion and allocated gold storage.

Gold, like cash, like firearms, represents individual freedom and protection. All things the Globalists cannot stomach, in the Little People.

Back
Top Bottom