Banker suicides

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score

http://www.jsmineset.com/2014/02/03/in-the-news-today-1780/

Icarus' wings are melting. He flew too close to the sun.

Isn't it the usual case that a suicide leaves a note or a trail (like on FB or twitter), and that is most often discovered quite quickly and spread all over the news? Even rampage shooters aren't an exception. Yet on this, it's all crickets. My BS detector is ringing loudly on this one.

Ok I'll give it a go -

A lot of suicide notes are a shout to try and get someones or everyones attention as a result of a feeling of unfair or bad treatment from somewhere.

I would contend that high level bankers, if this is about some sort of financial crime, would be 'falling on their sword' rather than suffer the humility or worse of having to admit their sins.
It might even be that their family will be 'taken care of' in a positive way rather than a negative if they avoid the investigation. No pressure then ....

And being a bit brighter than the average rampage shooter or stopped benefits kinda person, bankers would likely not be leaving notes on twitter for the world to see.

My take (cause I don't know!) would be that we will likely never know.

Genuine suicides, falling on the sword ("taking one for the team"), killing them? They all have holes in the story...

Yet three seems too many for coincidence.

Oh, and how do I feel? AMFs!

My estimation that these aren't real suicides - or could be real super-spur-of-the-moment things is based on some info I gained growing up. My mom was a psychologist specializing in suicides and attempts. It's the "This will hurt but fail" attempts that are cries for help, people. Like taking pills you'll barf up, or slicing your wrist the wrong way. They sometimes leave notes, but more often call someone just as they do the "attempt" that's supposed to fail. I know of only one of those that succeeded anyway (aspirin, it turns out will work and you won't barf it up quick enough to save you from bleeding to death internally - even a stomach pump and activated charcoal won't save it).

My mother (who had a fantastic sense of humor) even helped start the joke-journal "Thanato-therapy" in which the "just go ahead and do it" approach was touted as a response to "I'm going to kill myself" calls. Once people heard that it gave them so much pause - they quit that silly stuff.

No note, no suicide - that's about a 99% certainty, there are very few exceptions to that. Of course, in this case we are fortified with other knowledge about why someone who knows a bit too much might not be wanted around. Or might not want to be forced to implicate "friends" and lose their high place - making it suicide again, but in a sense, forced, because they knew what was going to be coming out about their and other's past behavior. But those types leave a note, apologizing to family and so on - every damn time.

These look to me like "suicides via double taps to the back of head" type actions. Only the Clintons were so brazen in the past. Hmmm.

Well, we're up to four dead bankers in around a month. To me, that is [to quote Sean Connery] "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence but three times is enemy action".

In fact, these guys were all tied together tangentially by virtue of the class of banking they were involved in. It's too weird to write off in my book, and I'll lay odds that we haven't seen the last of this. Take not if you will, that each of these cats was pretty high up the food chain, each was in their very prime of their career and no one can adequately explain precisely why any of them would do themselves.

Then, take a look at the method of "suicide". One guy does himself with multiple nails from a nail gun and another manages to access a very secure portion of the building housing the rooftop mechanical system, opens a secure door for which he did not have a key and threw himself off of {i believe] highest building in the entire area.

Well, at least it's a start, like that joke about "what do you call 100 dead lawyers". Sick, I know, but not as sick as those guys. :doodoo:

I suspect they'll push this until someone starts looking a lot closer - bug linked an article that seemed to say it'd started already. But they might be "done" on this particular investigation of banker wrong-doing - there might not be anyone important (eg credible against even the best lawyer money can buy) left to roll on the really big guys anymore, and they know they can buy off/intimidate the small fry with a better risk/reward ratio.

BTW, when this place was built, one of the help got himself with a framing nailer, right through the forearm. He didn't even wince, since it missed the bone, which is what really hurts bad. He just got a couple bandaids off me and went back to nailing up the building frame. We all about crapped our pants over that one, but he seemed fine with it. And yes, with 3 guys nailing, it sounded like a gunfight - on plywood. On flesh, not so much.

If you've read John Plaster's "The Ultimate Sniper" he covers the effects of gunshot (nail is just a small caliber) wounds he's talked the recipient of, or been present for (SOCCOM in 'Nam)- and it's the foot and hand that are the very worst at disabling you instantly from pain. All those little bones.

Of course a CNS shot is instantly fatal, above the shoulder blades - the victim doesn't even feel that. It's *almost* believable someone could suicide with a nail gun. "Almost" being the key word there. I guess it's hard to hire a good hit-man these days, most of your takers are going to be FBI honey traps.

These guys aren't dumb, just very very amoral.$.02

the "jumper" is being re-investigated as suspicious, and Celente/Jones (yeah I know the source) claim its 20 now:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...r-death-paris-after-questioning-her-superiors

Something is definitely brewing here. I would like to see a long term actuary on banker "suicides" over about a fifty year time frame.

remember not so long ago when we were all speculating as to why so many bankers were 'retiring' ? We dont hear so much about it happening these days as the banks cheerfully explain how they have no choice but pay top dollar to attract competent staff ......

It could just be that theres so many of the fekkers that statistically theres always going to be these kind of events and its just a bit of media bias to feed our needs.

I'd be surprised if the penchant for "jumping" off tall buildings was statistically smooth over the years. I'm gonna guess it hasn't been this prevalent since 1929/Black Tuesday.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…