Best Industrial Metal

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jennydaniels

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I stay in US. I wanted to buy industrial metals like Steel Rebar, Copper Rod, Copper Cathodes, Copper Billets, Chrome, Brass, Aluminium for business purpose?
Any suggestions will be appreciated....:wave:

Are you planning on manufacturing something yourself, becoming a supplier, recycler, are you shipping these metals overseas, or are you just buying them to see if they become more valuable?

If you are talking about metals recoverey, or "scrap metal", you are in the right place. All you will need is a piece of land zoned for industrial purposes, get teh right permits for run-off and such then boom......you're in business. A little bit of research on the competition will be helpful as well, to find out what the others are paying out for the metals you wish to buy. My area is unique in that the Space Center generates a tremendous quantity of all sorts of exotic alloys. I have seen alloys of stainless steel that only exist as a result of space exploration and only exist right here. In those cases, we have to go full assay to find out exactly what the hell we have.

I say good for you! I hope you find what you are looking for.

Are you planning on manufacturing something yourself, becoming a supplier, recycler, are you shipping these metals overseas, or are you just buying them to see if they become more valuable?

I want to start my own business as metal supplier, for that I want information about wholesalers, manufactures and suppliers of Steel Rebar, Copper Rod, Copper Cathodes, Copper Billets, Chrome, Brass, Aluminium steel rebar .

I want to start my own business as metal supplier, for that I want information about wholesalers, manufactures and suppliers of Steel Rebar, Copper Rod, Copper Cathodes, Copper Billets, Chrome, Brass, Aluminium steel rebar .

Since it appears that you want to become a metals distributor to end users of the metals, I think the first place to start is by accessing the Thomas Register which is a nationwide comprehensive list of businesses in every field of endeavor.

The Thomas Register is now available online. I used to own a set of them in paper form. A bound set of them is about 30 volumes which would form a stack over 5 feet high.

Congratulations, Jenny!!! You can find a great deal of information on B2B trade portals. You’ll find information about wholesalers, manufactures and suppliers based in U.S. and abroad. I suggest you attend trade expos to network with people from the industry.

I live in the north and usually haul all my scrap metal to a SIMS facility for metal management in Detroit Michigan. Look at http://us.simsmm.com/Locations/Michigan/Detroit for more details. I believe they sell all kinds of ferrous and non-ferrous metal scrap, so you can contact them to see if they have what you need.

According to a release, Sims Metal Management ranked No. 15 on the worldwide rankings. The Global 100 ranking (click here to view the full list) recognizes companies that consistently demonstrate superior leadership and performance on a range of environmental, social and governance policies relative to their industry peers. Companies on the list are considered better equipped than their competitors to thrive and succeed in the long-term due to the sustainable and fully integrated approach used to manage their businesses.To know more visit
http://www.recyclingtoday.com/smm-global-sustainable-list.aspx

Hey thanks everyone. From this discussion I realized market research is very important. Any how we have to do it. Because money and time both are most important things. And I'm trying to enter in Metal industries as a suppler.

Back
Top Bottom