Beware - counterfeit bar for sale on eBay

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have no idea what it is actually made of. Just know of the packaging discrepancies

Does Fleabay have their own bars minted up?

And if they do, do they not watch to see someone else using their trademarks?

I know many times, when outside suppliers make/package LICENSED products, they can be a bit sloppy with trademark fonts, etc.

Suspicion is a healthy thing, I concur. But since it's an Ebay BRANDED item, ON Ebay, I'd think they'd either remove it, or else the vendor is complying with what regulations there are.

I just buy locally, and test what I buy before I put money down.

Found on another forum:

1699454720178.png

100g bar said to have 20g gold skin. I have no idea where it was being sold.

Nice letter; but I doubt the veracity.

Couple of punctuation errors there (it's versus its) and style incongruity (a nastygram ending "Sincerely,"? I don't think so)

Also no date, no cc: notations, no referrals to a Legal Department or Counsel, as would have happened for an actual fraudulent contact.

Finally, not certain but probably, sexual innuendo with telemarketers, followed by fraudulent material presented, wouldn't have gotten a warning letter. To protect the company from later suits from the telemarketers, this would probably have gone straight to authorities, to demonstrate the company's commitment to a harassment-free workplace.

Nice letter; but I doubt the veracity.

Couple of punctuation errors there (it's versus its) and style incongruity (a nastygram ending "Sincerely,"? I don't think so)

Also no date, no cc: notations, no referrals to a Legal Department or Counsel, as would have happened for an actual fraudulent contact.

Finally, not certain but probably, sexual innuendo with telemarketers, followed by fraudulent material presented, wouldn't have gotten a warning letter. To protect the company from later suits from the telemarketers, this would probably have gone straight to authorities, to demonstrate the company's commitment to a harassment-free workplace.

It's a joke. And those gold rocks were actually pieces of gravel out of my driveway painted with gold Krylon. That is my gold pan and it was sitting on the tailgate of one of my pickups.

100g bar said to have 20g gold skin. ...
Update from the other forum:
An update on that gold bar... It surfaced in California and it tested just out side of the brackets on a sigma. The guy is new at the shop and he thought it was ok. He sold it to the local wholesaler and the wholesaler sold it to a smaller shop and that shop tested it and it would not test so he returned it to the wholesaler.

Then the wholesaler tested it with their $16,000 gun. It read .98 fine
So They tore into it and this is what they found.

Back
Top Bottom