Bible study-

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So- my neighbor and I are part of a small bible study in a private home. The lady who hosts it- gets nothing in terms of money- each week someone brings a snack for after it.

I try to be on my best behavior- no fidgeting- no cell phone- no attitude. ... as I am a guest in a private home.

Each week we study a chapter of the bible sometimes more then one.

We are studying Daniel right now. Which talks of the ills of kings. Needless to say- this leads to talk of our govt and the current election. So one lady said- we might have a Morman as prez. She was disturbed by it. I so wanted to mention Ron Paul. But I am the guest- and the election will end- but our group will go on past the election.

So I shut up.

After that- we went to the kitchen for refreshments.

At that point-- I erupted like a volcano. Locally we are up against a fracting transfer station here- endless trucks already have lessened life here. Our Mayor- I think must have had death threats by the big boys- so he wants 2000 tons of gunk coming into our area- for "jobs"....

I must have got too vocal- because shortly after my rant- everyone left. The good thing is- NO ONE there wants this waste here in Sunbury.

So there you have it- on national issue- I held my tongue- on local issue- I fanned the fires. hmm. :mrt:

Time for today's daily WTF did Penn just say questions:
1) Did you erupt in the kitchen about the presidential election or the local politics?
2) What is a fracting transfer station?
3) Do you live near a major road; is that why the trucks are passing so close to you?
4) In this town of Sunburry, what is the "waste" they dont want; Presidential candidate, the mayor, .... ?

I am guessing he lives near the former Celotex grounds and does not like the work done by Clean Harbors Environmental Services. I am sure Mayor Persing is getting some major kickbacks to let them build the Marcellus Shale waste processing facility. :doodoo:

So you are not based in Australia then Penn ?

im easily confused

Us Mercans be in your (Aussie) forums, infiltrating 'n stuff. :D

Time for today's daily WTF did Penn just say questions: ...

I'll defer to Penn on the details, but the gist of it as I read it is that he felt it improper to discuss national politics in a local social setting (in person), but didn't feel the same restraint discussing a local political issue (natural gas fracking?).

I suspect it's a similar dynamic to what rblong was mentioning in the world's colliding thread.

I had been on the OZ stacker board.
I erupted over local issue- not the election.
I live on a busy street- I can reach out and touch the cars.
PA has 1.5 trillion $ in natural gas- it is a boom- but the drill makes haz waste- they want to truck it here- it is from fracking. Even at 4 am trucks- non stop- and I live on the other side of town- I blew up when they said the plan is for the trucks to come in at the other end of town- I know that they also come in on this end.

The puzzlement here- is the doom of the group over a morman. I did not expect that...

I am guessing he lives near the former Celotex grounds and does not like the work done by Clean Harbors Environmental Services. I am sure Mayor Persing is getting some major kickbacks to let them build the Marcellus Shale waste processing facility. :doodoo:

Its true. How do you know this?

And my hunch is not a kick back. I think his life was threatened.

PM is right- the election will be over in November- the local issue of fracking waste will not be.

BTW- the fish in the river are also sick- no one knows what it is either.. black spots on them. The Susquehanna river is a BIG DEAL here.

PM is right- the election will be over in November- the local issue of fracking waste will not be.

BTW- the fish in the river are also sick- no one knows what it is either.. black spots on them. The Susquehanna river is a BIG DEAL here.

Unfortunately, PA as a whole is going down hill badly. Fracking waste is horribly polluting that state. Most of the jobs are in the Philly area; too bad that city is becoming VERY corrupt. Do what I did Penn; Leave!

What pisses me off is htat fracking can be done in a significantly cleaner way that does not produce nearly the toxic mess that it does, but since it is slower, it does not pay for one company to do it and hte other not to do it. It is all about money; nothing more and nothing less, so when you try to get in their wallert so to speak, they put up a fight to the death.

A good example- as we left last night- I thought- oh no- my bike is unlocked. See my icon.

Kids were playing ball. I thought- that nice 18 speed wont be there when I get back.

...when I got home- my bike was still here.

ive left my bicycle in an open lean too for a couple of years hoping someone would steal it .........
perhaps a lock would send a different message (-;

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom