Biden's 2023 State of The Union

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Biden tried to make it seem as if all R's are for cutting SS and Medicaire while no D's would ever consider it. For the dumbed down public the takeaway would be I can't vote Republican(as if it farking matters) cause I won't get SS or Medicaire.

I thought the best part of the whole charade was MTG walking around with the white balloon.

Would be interested in you sharing those instances that are on record.

SS was always going to be a problem long term. I would like to see all government employees Congress critters all of em get dumped into SS and get rid of what they currently have. Then we will see who opens their mouth.

SS was always going to be a problem long term. I would like to see all government employees Congress critters all of em get dumped into SS and get rid of what they currently have. Then we will see who opens their mouth.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Your links mostly cover the same three people having made informal comments about the fact that something will in fact eventually have to be done about SS.

That's hardly, "the republicans are gonna take your SS away", as we were led to believe by our fearless potatus potato the other night.

If you know a problem is coming, isn't wise to at least start discussing the possibilities, and to do so well before it is at the point of imminence?

If the tranny (commonly used term for the transmission in your car that has been hi-jacked by the the idiot woke leftards) in your car starts making clunking sounds as it shifts, but for now will still get you to work, would it not be considered smart to begin planning for its eventual repair and, if necessaty, replacement?

Or ya gonna wait until the day it is mission critical that you get somewhere, only to have it finally die on ya and then get upset because you can't find a mechanic to fix it on the spot?

That is what our choices are on SS.

From one of your links:
By law, Social Security cannot contribute to the federal deficit, because it is required to pay benefits only from its trust funds.

The part they leave out is the fact that the "trust fund" is 100% "invested" in US government debt.

Debt that the US gov pays out of the general fund that is itself funded by current tax receipts and additional debt.

When, not if, it gets to the point that the funds simply do mot exist to make the previously guarenteed SS payments, what should be done and when? Do we wait until that day comes to then worry about it? That seems to be what the bidet and company want to do.

Also, keep in mind that the US gov debt that currently funds SS will itself be paid off by the gov issuing even more new debt.

SS currently holds over three trillion in bonds. That means that SS will not be a buyer of gov debt going forward. That is one less customer buying our debt. Add in that the biggest buyers of our debt have cut back or stopped buying altogether, who is gonna buy all the debt our gov will need to issue in order to keep all these programs afloat over the next Decade or so?

President Biden, while still a senator for Delaware, introduced legislation to sunset all federal programs, including Social Security and Medicare, Fox News Digital has learned.

In 1975, while Biden was in the upper chamber of Congress, the now-president put forward a bill requiring all federal programs to sunset after four years.

When pushing his bill as a senator, Biden said "it requires every program to be looked at freshly at least once every four years."

Its a show for the dumb masses.

Some politicos have talked about getting rid of SS and Medicare
Looks like our potato in chief is one of 'em. Good thing orange man bad isn't still there, huh? Lol lol lol

Pretty funny that the bidet you like is on record as wanting to end it and Trump is firmly on your side in this, as he is clearly on the record for not touching SS, yet you'll still hate him for it?

President Biden, while still a senator for Delaware, introduced legislation to sunset all federal programs, including Social Security and Medicare, Fox News Digital has learned

Don't hate the guy. Just don't care for his crazy act.
Better to act crazy than be crazy, as the one got now clearly shows signs of being. People don't call him dementia Joe for nothin', after all. Lol

What mistake would that be?

It was wrong for Joe B to talk trash about a great American program like SS. But he saw the error of his ways and changed. Now he champions SS. He has made amends. (y)

Better to act crazy than be crazy, as the one got now clearly shows signs of being. People don't call him dementia Joe for nothin', after all. Lol

I think if both of them were to take an actual mental health evaluation Trump might not do too well. But then again, just my opinion.

One thing I've considered............are they both using docs who give them performance enhancing drugs before they do interviews?

Back
Top Bottom