Bold Precious Metals Trouble?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States

I remember there were a couple of people here that ordered from Bold & iirc everything went fine. I haven't seen any posts from them in a while & then this popped up in a thread on another forum talking about online PM dealers.

"I have used JM Bullion multiple times and never had an issue. Absolutely recommend them.

I made the mistake of buying $200 worth of Silver from BOLD Precious Metals for a promo they had for new customers and I never got my order. Then when I called them to tell them after my order wasn't actually delivered (even though the post office tracking said it had been) they basically said too bad, we won't replace it and good luck to you with the post office. The Post office never reimbursed me because BOLD didn't have the package delivered with insurance. So I got screwed out of $200. I would NOT recommend them. They suck."

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
Do you ever post on PMbug? They are occasionally popping in with specials they are offering, but it seems like it's been a while. Your review would help other people who often come to that site looking for places to buy. So far the people from PMbug that have ordered from them have had no major problems.

I do not. This is pretty much the only "forum" I post in. I read lots of others for specific info but I don't post.

Hopefully my review helps others, and it's entirely possible I just happened to be the random guy to get screwed, but that doesn't change the fact that the customer service for BOLD Precious Metals was abysmal and the guy I talked to was an total ******* and didn't even try to help."

JM Bullion is quite popular in that thread. Here is a link to the whole thread.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=903896

Thanks for sharing that. I haven't heard from the BOLD people in a good while. I'll try sending the rep who visited here a PM and see if he responds.

I've had stuff that was supposedly delivered to me end up in the wrong mailbox (we have one of those multi-box deals for 1/2 the block next to our driveway.) sometimes the neighbor whose box it went in will bring it over, but that seems to only be if it's bills. Other times it just seems to disappear. I once had a pkg that kept going back & forth between here & Minneapolis at least 3 or 4 times before I could get the post office to do anything about it. At least I had a tracking # for it. I also can't remember if I've ever ordered silver without a tracking number AND it being insured. If there was, I probably didn't use them again, especially on an order over $200. That's why when I first order from a company I have no experience with, I try to keep the first order or two under a hundred bucks. :judge:

Hey thanks PMBug for alerting me to this thread. I will have to figure out what order this is referring to before I can comment on it specifically. However, generally we guarantee and insure all orders to the point of delivery. That is clearly stated on our site and pretty much every other dealer is the same on that point. The only objective proof we have of delivery is paying for delivery confirmation from the carrier. They scan it when it is delivered and we get a notice and the customer gets a notice. Once that happens, our obligation has been fulfilled. In the few cases where the package is not where it’s supposed to be after delivery, we encourage the customer to immediately contact the manager at their local Post Office with the tracking number. They often are able to use GPS and information from the carrier to determine where the package is (ie neighbors etc).

Last edited:

I don't think they have to worry about getting too many customers from survival boards. I have to say I'm not inclined to stick my toes in the water either.

31421474057_21f9570825_z.jpg

The thread on Survivalistboards - "Online gold/silver dealers"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom