Review: Buy Gold And Silver Coins (BGASC)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States
Have had 2 orders from them now, and didn't see a review, so I thought I'd add one. Quick delivery and everything arrived as promised. Will gladly buy from them again, I just hope that if I start placing larger orders I don't run into problems which seems to be the problem when I've bought from other sites. Their website is http://www.bgasc.com/

Last edited:
2 more orders placed, got the 1st one no problems, just placed the 2nd and noticed there were 2 charges on the card a $1.00 one then later another for the full amount. Went back and checked, that had never been done before. Not sure what is with the separate $1.00 charge hopefully they can explain.

2 more orders placed, got the 1st one no problems, just placed the 2nd and noticed there were 2 charges on the card a $1.00 one then later another for the full amount. Went back and checked, that had never been done before. Not sure what is with the separate $1.00 charge hopefully they can explain.

Many times companies will place this $1.00 placeholder amount on your card until they go back and charge you the correct amount. I have noticed this on my account with gas stations and restaurants.

I've ordered from them a few times before, and they've never done that. I emailed them a couple days ago about it and still got no response. Maybe they started this now that silver is down so low. Sounds like a good scam though if you charge an extra and separate $1.00 per transaction X how many thousands of orders they probably get a week is some pretty good scratch.

BGASC $1 Credit Card Authorization Explained

BGASC $1 Credit Card Authorization Explained

Unlike other Bullion Dealers that suffer from cash issues, BGASC never actually charges your card on a credit card transaction until the day the product actually ships. However on all online transactions, to ensure someone is not inappropriately using your credit card and shipping precious metals to another person, we do run a $1 authorization on the card. This is not a charge and the authorization will drop off in 3-4 days and never hit your statement. This authorization allows us to ensure your billing address matches the billing address of the credit card and ensure our customers are protected from unauthorized use of the card. - BGASC.com

Funny they never charged that $1 in all the other orders I made, and how they wouldn't reply to my initial email, but will come on to a forum to talk about it. The $1 was on my statement for a full week, that's how I noticed it t begin with.

I've seen this with several on-line large dealers. What the man states is correct. I am actually pleased that this extra step is taken to protect both me as a customer and themselves against fraud. There are billions of dollars in credit card fraud every single year, and one quick and dirty way convert stolen merchandise in to something immediately fungible would be gold and silver bullion or coins.

While it may seem a bit odd, any time a credit card is used to confirm a purchase and the card is not billed the same day, an authorization is made for anything between a dollar and the purchase price. As the man states, all that does is prevent that card from using that portion of whatever the line of credit is. It's protection, nothing more.

I really wouldn't have a problem with it if I thought they were doing it as a security measure. If they were doing it as a security measure they should have done it in all my other purchases from them, and when I first emailed them about it, they could have replied that it was a security measure and the $1 would be refunded. That's not what happened. They instead came on here to talk about it and lie even further saying it would never appear on my statement, which it did, and that's how I noticed it. Maybe the fact is that it wasn't SUPPOSED to show up and the other times it didn't. Now they were caught and had to scramble to cover their butts. I'm sure someone in their I.T. dept got a nice butt chewing.

Last edited:
Another thing I find funny is that when I was having fairly good luck with a couple of these companies and posted good reviews, they never came on and said "thanks" or hey, here's a free dollars worth of silver on your next order. When I do have a problem and email them, they either ignore me completely or at best a quick brush off email of "we'll look into it" only to never hear from them again. Then when you post about that negative experience online, they show up all of a sudden with all kinds of excuses, stories and bribes.

All that goodwill and giving good reviews can only help your Karma 11C1P

However it is a bit odd that they responded via a forum and not to you directly.

Perhaps there is a secret database that holds records of persitent grumblers (-;

11C1P,

We answer many many many questions a day via email. If someone failed to reply to your email that is unusual. Please forward a copy of your original email to us today so we can see why it was not responded to and how it routed in our system.

Best,

BGASC

The email was submitted through your website, so as far as I can see, I have no record of it in my account. Too bad you didn't show this much interest in a private email vs. a public forum. You must be either an aspiring or already failed politician.

I just wanted to test the BGASC waters with a small order of silver.
Sep 11 - order placed
Sep 17 - acked receipt of bank check
Sep 19 - check cashed
They are supposed to ship the next business day which is Sep 22. But the status is still shown as 'In Process'. No email about the ETA. I think I'll give it another couple of days.
Will update once I get any information about the shipment and delivery of the package.

My bad, forgot to update after I received the package.
The shipment was prompt and the PM was really good.
Thanks ..

I just wanted to test the BGASC waters with a small order of silver.
Sep 11 - order placed
Sep 17 - acked receipt of bank check
Sep 19 - check cashed
They are supposed to ship the next business day which is Sep 22. But the status is still shown as 'In Process'. No email about the ETA. I think I'll give it another couple of days.
Will update once I get any information about the shipment and delivery of the package.

I must be getting spoiled, cause 2+ weeks after ordering doesn't seem very prompt to me.

it was shipped on sep 24, 5 business days from receipt of check.

That doesn't change anything according to what you posted. 3 weeks is 3 weeks no matter where they wasted the time. You sent payment on Sept 11, they didn't acknowledge payment until 6 days later. Even if you put a paper check in snail mail (hope no one is really that foolish these days) it wouldn't take 6 days to get there. Then took them another 2 days to cash it, then another 5 days to ship it? That is already 2 weeks from when you sent the check. Then you post that you finally got it on the 30th, another week in transit. I guess if you live in Barrow Alaska that's probably really good time, but if you live in the contiguous 48 it stinks.

Back
Top Bottom