Buying land (USA)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

EchelonPL

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
United-States
Greetings members! Does anyone have any info on where to buy land in the USA? Or where to start looking?

I didn't see any sub-forums or posts on land purchases per se but bugging out or living away from the cities is surely in the same wavelength of why we own precious metals: to get off the "grid" and secure our own liberties and freedoms.

That said, I'm hoping to pour a lot of hours into research and learn from the best of anyone's experiences. A tthe current moment, I have no idea what the different jurisdictions have to offer (or take away). I would hate to buy a large property only to regret buying later due to potentially many aspects like being able to build, supply power, etc. Really, I don't know where to start but it's a dream of mine to own something more than 20+acres somewhere and i've been browsing this website and day dreaming about buying a plot:

https://www.land.com/

Regards,
EPL

Generally, you figure out where you might like to own some land and then start digging into what the local real estate scene, taxes, regulations, building codes, etc. entail.

There are several threads around here on the topic of off grid living:

You might get some ideas from them.

Back when I was on a bunch of hardcore survivalist, prepper sites, Jackson County Florida was said to be the best place to live. Mild temps, long growing season, no state taxes, low population density and adequate fresh water. Real estate prices were low and was situated too south for tornadoes, far enough away from the coast for hurricanes.
They did get hurricane damage a few years back, can't remember the hurricanes name, but looking on Zillow there are still homes for sell that were damaged.

Back
Top Bottom