Can I know too much about my house?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So I ran into a gal who is big on local history- she been plugging my address into historical records and coming up with tid bits.

I have to wonder if some things are best to keep forgotten.

She thinks she has the name of the owner of the property in 1874.

My house was among the first in the town- and no doubt the indians may have even slept here. 5 indian nations came together at the 2 branches of the river.

Who ever disgned the house was brilliant- on using the southern exposure.

...in back of my mind- I have 3 weeks to go before my bankrupcy is final. I dont need someone to "discover" my house is a gold mine. It is unlikely- but with snowdan, and face book- NSA- these questions cross the mind.

Regardless of what I learn on this house- I live here and am not going anywhere.

To some extent having a detailed history could increase resale value.

You don't owe enough money for anyone to take either the time or to expend the resources to look too deeply in to the history of your house. The biggest portion of your debt is likely to be credit cards and your mortgage. Most people with a big portion of their mortgage paid off will re-affirm the mortgage debt, so that pretty much takes the house off the table in any event. Also, most states will not allow your home to be taken in a bankruptcy unless it is the reason you are filing and have not drafted an agreement with the bank.

I did re-affirm my mortgage.

The sticking point- if they wanted to make a big deal - is they could say- the place is worth more then I claimed. There is some wiggle room. I claimed about 10k in equity- they allow around 20k- and then there is 8k that could be used as wild card.

Some time back the credit card people sent a burly big black guy to my house to take pictures and collect payment. I called them and told them not to ever do that again.

During the 60 days- this is the time that the 3 credit card places can file an objection.

If you play the address into zillow- it appears I have close to 30k in equity. So if you use the 20ish K plus the wild card- that could put me on the line.

They would have to appeal this in the next 21 days. I should be ok- but until there is a discharge there is not a discharge.

I tend to think- if there was a problem it would have surfaced by now.

Thinking out- loud- on a house history- do I really want to know everything??

Consider that my old friend- I know 3 people died in that house. I know the room that he died in and his guest who died a few years ago there. Some things are better left alone.

Also- I read up about hearings. The advice said not to give them too much info. I was asked about the value. I stated x amount- my logic was- that is the amount I paid for the house in 2007. It would tho be hard to buy a house of the same quality for that amount of money. I kept my composure that day- I watched the tone of my voice- and my body language.

I am still in maval- that I did the legal paperwork myself. This would have cost $2,000 to have an attorney do it. The grand total I have into this is $60. (postage, fees, ink, copies, certified, 2 books, CD rom, forms)

If you are low income you can get the $300 file fee waived- but ONLY IF YOU FILE WITH OUT A LAWYER. If you are low income and use a lawyer-- you can not get the $300 file fee waived. So in 2005- they made it more difficult- more hoops to jump thru. More red tape.

One thing I dont know is how the motion to vacate the 2 judgements is proceeding. I may have to get a lawyer later- if that is not done right.

Recently I did inquire about a place on an acre of land in a nice rural area. The price was too cheap- so I wanted to know why- well the road up the mountain is not maintained in the winter- so this could not be a full time residence.

Once the discharge happens next month- it then would be 2 years and PHFA would do another mortgage with me. 2 years goes by fast. One thing- is by then I will be nearly 10 years into a 30 year mortgage- so it would have to be a very sweet deal- to bite on it.

Thats wild. She found a pic of the wife and daughter that lived here before 1937.

Hey Penn

you could help other people to file for bankruptcy and get them to qualify for the $300 file fee waiver ........

they might even pay you something for your time (-:

Seriously, anyone who has worked through a bureaucratic nightmare process, will be better able to do it again for someone elses benefit.

Penn, I'm starting to feel that I know too much about your house...:rotflmbo: (JK)

Hey Penn

you could help other people to file for bankruptcy and get them to qualify for the $300 file fee waiver ........

they might even pay you something for your time (-:

Seriously, anyone who has worked through a bureaucratic nightmare process, will be better able to do it again for someone elses benefit.

like immigration... I've spent ten years and tens of thousands of dollars with those assholes.

It is really wild seeing old pics of the town.

It looks like they moved a rail road- then b4 the malls came in- the place was booming- I wondered why very early pics look so empty== DUH- there were no phones or cars then!

I see an engineer lived at my property and we think in 1900 it was a rental. Some records are screwed from 1940- but that is from the flood in 1936. A few years ago- I email mark some pics of our flood wall- and he said it looked hideous. We barely see it anymore. Lately knub skulls want to put murals on the wall. I dont want that- it would be like graphiti.

in 36 a baby slipped when being rescued- and was barely caught- it was a miracle they said- well the kid later went on to be a thug- an outlaw... so who knows.

I almost feel haunted by some of the pics. I mean that is not my time to live- now is.

BTW- it would be illegal to take money for helping someone do a chapter 7. I also find that people want me to explain to them in 3 minutes- what took me 18 months to figure out.

Also if they mis-represented things- they could get mad at me 4 years later. I know I could maybe be like I will help you for free- if you want to tip me great-

If one is paid to help fill the form out- that has to be reported on the form.

It is really wild seeing old pics of the town.

It looks like they moved a rail road- then b4 the malls came in- the place was booming- I wondered why very early pics look so empty== DUH- there were no phones or cars then!

also Penn, in 1968 the world population was about 3.5 billion. Now its around 7 billion. In thirty years the world population has doubled! There are more of us to fill the land!

On valuation of the house- I dont want to use the wild card- as that is what I put my coins under. So- if they dispute the value of the house- it could effect the silver.

With chapter 7- you can have "some" assets. About 20k value in house, $3600ish in a car, and $8000-ish wild card. There is also a token amount for jewelry.

If I end up having to amend the paper work- in later years- due to the silver- I dont want to have used up all of the wild card....

Penn,
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you EVER, EVER tell the government about your silver. It is none of their damn business. If you do, they WILL take it from you.

You DO NOT own any silver. Period. Tell no one.....ever.

I had to.

Other wise- the bankruptcy is a fraud. They could come back at me later if they find there to be fraud.

If something comes back at me later- then yes I claim it. Todays mail came and there was no bad news.

At the hearing- the coins listed did not raise an eye brow per the trustee- he was concerned about the house tho.

So I had to have some mention of it. The list is not detailed or itemized and the amount I claimed is not shockingly high- it blends in with the other numbers.

I will send you a private message

Back
Top Bottom