China's banks offering precious metals wallets

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

FYI - that China speculation was published early January. Doesn't look like the speculation had any legs.

FYI - that China speculation was published early January. Doesn't look like the speculation had any legs.

This is new news.

Here is the JPM head's trip to China.

Here is the Tweet from Today.

Yes, Zoltan had predicted that this was coming but is NOW happening.

I cannot find any corroboration that China is now offering gold backed savings accounts. If it were real news, you would think you might find it mentioned in some news media somewhere instead of just an unsourced claim from someone on twitter.

I cannot find any corroboration that China is now offering gold backed savings accounts. If it were real news, you would think you might find it mentioned in some news media somewhere instead of just an unsourced claim from someone on twitter.

It is China after all. I don't think this exact product is a good thing at all. But if even the bad guys are going to Gold backing CBDC's then we are 100% going in that direction. Give it a few more days to simmer to see if there are a few articles.

Gold backed CBDC. Does this mean I can trade in my cbdc for gold? If not then it is backed by nothing. It's really just a way for governments to print endlessly and make up the numbers as they go along.

... Give it a few more days to simmer to see if there are a few articles.
I found this on Twitter:

No links the article displayed in the image and search engines can't find it. Beijing Business Daily is all Chinese (no English) and I can't read or navigate that site, so the story is coming 3rd hand at best through unverifiable translation. I'd like to see a report without any hype that explains the news clearly.

I searched around a good bit and found this:

Best I can tell, the bank is offering clients the ability to buy shares of an unallocated pool and to take physical possession through some undisclosed process. It does not appear to have anything to do with a CBDC or crypto token.

Bai Xiaojun responded to my comment on twitter with a link to the source report for this story which is a Chinese news site that does not have an English version. I copy/pasted the story he referenced into Google translate though:

Source:

The man I consider the most informed on Gold in the world seems to confirm this news. Andrew Maguire brings it up at the 24 min mark.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…