COGNITIVE WARFARE AND THE BATTLE TO BE YOU

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

COGNITIVE WARFARE AND THE BATTLE TO BE YOU​

March 7, 2022
Dylan Charles, Editor
Waking Times

“The Master said, He who sets to work on a different strand destroys the whole fabric.” – Confucius, Analects II, 16
The individual is dangerous. Wanting to be left alone is dangerous. Defiance is dangerous. Non-compliance is dangerous. Disobedience is dangerous. Neutrality is dangerous. You are dangerous.

You must be assimilated.

More than ever before I feel the pull of the hive, and while it’s already been quite pressing over the last couple of years, we’ve tragically swapped out the nu-flu psychosis for something far more magnetic and dangerous… WAR FEVER!

The matrix demands that you pick a side. It won’t take no for an answer. You’re either with us or against us. Black or white only. Good vs. evil. Right vs. wrong. We’re right, they’re wrong.

Full article here:

THE BOOK: The Vortex derives it's picture of the whole Universe on the principle of extrapolated matter analysis. To explain, since every piece of matter in the Universe is in someway effected by every other piece of matter in the Universe, it is in theory possible to extrapolate the whole of creation, every Galaxy, every sun, every planet, their orbits, their composition, and their economic and social history from, say, one small piece of fairy cake. The man who invented the Total Perspective Vortex did so basically in order to annoy his wife. Trin Tragula, for that was his name, was a dreamer. A speculative thinker or, as his wife would have it, an idiot. And she would nag him incessantly about the utterly inordinate amount of time he would spend staring out into space or mulling over the mechanics of safety pins or doing spectrographic analysis of pieces of fairy cake. 'Have some sense of proportion' she would say, thirty-eight times a day. And so he built the Total Perspective Vortex, just to show her. And in one end he plugged the whole of reality as extrapolated from a fairy cake, and in the other end he plugged his wife, so that when he turned it on, she saw in one instant the whole infinity of creation, and herself in relation to it. To Trin Tragula's horror, the shock annihilated her brain. But, to his satisfaction, he realised he had conclusively proved that if life is going to exist in a Universe this size, the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion. And it is into this Vortex that Zaphod Beeblebrox has been put, and from which, a few seconds later, he emerges.

<We hear a hum and a click.>

ZAPHOD: Hi.

GARGRAVARR: Beeblebrox! You're...

ZAPHOD: Fine, fine, fine. Could I have a drink please?

GARGRAVARR: You've been in the Vortex?

ZAPHOD: You saw me, kid.

GARGRAVARR: You saw the whole infinity of creation?

ZAPHOD: The lot, baby, it's a real neat place, you know...

GARGRAVARR: You saw yourself in relation to it all?

ZAPHOD: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

GARGRAVARR: And what did you experience?

ZAPHOD: It just told me what I knew all the time. I'm a really great guy! Didn't I tell you, baby? I am Zaphod Beeblebrox!

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (transcript from BBC radio series)

Two-roads-diverged-in-a-wood-and-I-took-the-one-less-traveled-by_-and-that-made-all-the-difference-Robert-Frost.jpg

So Live Your Life – Chief Tecumseh (A Native American Poem)​

2:50

The 100 Year Old Rule Changed My Life​

Jul 17, 2023

7:45

This ideas has changing my life. Because of this we ended up halfway across the world dressed like a pirate.

The Antidote to Envy​

I recently came across a passage from Krishamurti’s Think On These Things that gave me pause. I rarely highlight entire paragraphs when I read, but this one was so poignant that I had to elevate it from the page and into my memory.

Here it is:

I am envious because I want to be as beautiful as you are; I want to have the fine clothes, the elegant house, the high position that you have. Being dissatisfied with what I am, I want to be like you; but, if I understood my dissatisfaction and its cause, then I would not want to be like you or long for the things that you have.

In other words, if once I begin to understand what I am, then I shall never compare myself with another or be envious of anyone. Envy arises because I want to change myself and become like somebody else. But if I say, “Whatever I am,
that I want to understand,” then envy is gone; then there is no need of discipline, and out of the understanding of what I am comes integration.
I’ve since re-read this paragraph many times, and there’s one sentence that continues to capture my attention:

Read the rest here:

Doug Hepburn Imparts a Lesson on Life​

As a teenager in Vancouver in the 1960s, I was fortunate enough to have former world champion and World’s Strongest Man Doug Hepburn guiding my training in the Olympic lifts, especially the standing press, his own inimitable forte. I also enjoyed many opportunities to listen to Doug philosophising. Here’s a short video of an interview during which Doug imparts an important lesson on life.

More:

This one's interesting, a bit long. Had me smiling when I read the different types of NPC's.

Why You Are Probably An NPC​

And what to do about it​

It’s getting ever harder to distinguish humans from bots, not just because bots are becoming more humanlike, but also because humans are becoming more botlike.

As knowledge of human psychology evolves, algorithms become better at shaping human behavior. Step onto social media and you’ll see the same groups of people getting outraged by the same kinds of things every single day, like clockwork.

The rise of botlike behavior over the past decade has led to the creation of a meme: the NPC, or Non-Player Character. Originally a term to describe video game characters whose behavior is completely computer-controlled, it now also refers to real world humans who behave as predictably as video game NPCs, giving scripted responses and engaging in seemingly mindless, automated behaviors.

Naturally, everyone believes that their political opponents are NPCs, and no one ever suspects that they themselves are. But being an NPC is not about what you think or do, but how you determine what to think or do. And when judged by this standard, we are all, to some extent, NPCs.

Read the rest here:

You are EVOLVING, but keep EVERYTHING PRIVATE | Stoicism​

11:44

There’s Nothing To Do But Trust Yourself - Dr Gabor Maté On Inner Peace​

12:31

Start at the 1 min mark, stop at the 23 min 29 sec mark.

Prison Was About Controlling Your Identity, Don’t Create Your Own Prison​

25:23

Your next action is all you have.

The future isn’t real - it’s speculative fiction.

The past is done, extinct, kaput.

Your only real touchpoint with the universe lies in the actions you take *right now.*

It’s counterintuitive, isn’t it? We get so caught up in our futures and our pasts. What we should have done. Where we want to be. Where we aim to go. We forget that this is all a mirage, a hazy, amorphous wisp of smoke that dissipates around our hands the moment we try to grasp it.

For this week’s guest, the inimitable Derek Sivers, actions are the core unit of analysis. When evaluating virtually anything, we ought to ask, "How does this impact my actions?"

The beauty of the idea lies in its simplicity. Life becomes remarkably less complicated when you strip away all the noise and concentrate on the next step.

Here are six ways that Derek suggests we can orientate our lives around action.

7 Toxic Friends You Need To CUT OUT | Stoicism​

Nov 19, 2023

The deadliest enemy is not one who hides in the shadows, it is the one who walks along side you as a friend. Learn to identify fake friends and cut them out from your life.

18:26

Back
Top Bottom