Coin vs Bullion in a TSHTF Scenario

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

FPrice

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
IF the balloon goes up and civilization comes tumbling down, which do think would be better to have?

Coin or Bullion.

I don't believe that either one will be immediately useful from a barter perspective. I expect the main benefit of owning metals will be realized after monetary system 2.0 has been established. In that event, I expect the form won't matter much as bullion content will be the primary consideration.

Until then, however, there are a few differences worth thinking about (depending upon your situation).

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f13/decl...nstrument-when-traveling-internationally-121/

Really depends on what the situation is. Long term SHTF I think those still vertical will come to find out silver is silver, but right now you have lots of silver snobs that think that either junk silver is the ONLY way to go, and those that think govt. bullion, especially ASE's ONLY is the thing to stack. For me I try to keep my stack as 1/3 junk silver, 1/3 govt. bullion, and 1/3 private bullion. I also balance my junk silver between dimes, 1/4's and 1/2's. My govt. bullion is mostly CSM's & ASE's (also like the RCM 10ozt bars) but I have some other countries too. For the private either buy what you like or the cheapest you can find or a bit of both.

coin.
no contest

1. Paper
2. clad
3. junk silver
4. ASEs
5. All pms

That will be the sequence of usability after TSHTF
JMSO,
BF

Back
Top Bottom