Concealed Carry.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States
I don't know how many people on here have their CCP/CWP, but I am always interested to see how the 51 individual fights to retain our 2nd amendment rights are going around the country and the hope, we might all just get our rights back nationally (I can dream can't I?) I found this little report kind of interesting that breaks down the number of permits by state, the % of each state that has a permit, and some other interesting stuff. I've known so many people that always talk about getting theirs but only know a few that did (most of them my relatives) and some of the others I know that did get them never renew them and say, things like "I just never carried enough to make it worth my while" or words to that effect. What are some of your guys experiences, anecdotal as they may be with CWP's in your area.?

http://crimepreventionresearchcente...y-Permit-Holders-Across-the-United-States.pdf

1) I am not sure how these numbers account for people that have permits in multiple states.

2) Some states, such as GA, require a permit to carry, concealed or open, in public. I believe this skews numbers up, as it is a hassle to own, transport, and go to firing ranges without a permit.

3) Some states, such as AL, do not require a permit to open carry. I believe this skews numbers down.

I am one of those that has always been wanting to get one, but hasn't actually gone out and got it yet. A while back when ammo got expensive and scarce, I let my membership at the local gun range lapse because it wasn't practical to go shooting (and I didn't want to use up my lead stash). I also never bought a compact pistol for concealed carry (my pistols are a bit too large for it).

There is now a bit of a push here in Texas for open carry, so I'm just kind of keeping an eye on how things progress at the moment.

I will say that my local gun range is huge (IIRC, something like 2,000+ members) and a significant number of those guys are CCL holders. There are a lot of them in my area. :)

1) I am not sure how these numbers account for people that have permits in multiple states.

2) Some states, such as GA, require a permit to carry, concealed or open, in public. I believe this skews numbers up, as it is a hassle to own, transport, and go to firing ranges without a permit.

3) Some states, such as AL, do not require a permit to open carry. I believe this skews numbers down.

The little symbols next to many of the states covers much of that, especially since some states you don't need a permit to carry concealed, others have open carry, so many won't get a permit for concealed carry since they can carry open without it. Some states allow out of staters to get a permit, and even the years from which the numbers are taken are from a range of like 1-5 years so the numbers can change a lot in that time.

I don't know how many people on here have their CCP/CWP, but I am always interested to see how the 51 individual fights to retain our 2nd amendment rights are going around the country and the hope, we might all just get our rights back nationally (I can dream can't I?) I found this little report kind of interesting that breaks down the number of permits by state, the % of each state that has a permit, and some other interesting stuff. I've known so many people that always talk about getting theirs but only know a few that did (most of them my relatives) and some of the others I know that did get them never renew them and say, things like "I just never carried enough to make it worth my while" or words to that effect. What are some of your guys experiences, anecdotal as they may be with CWP's in your area.?

http://crimepreventionresearchcente...y-Permit-Holders-Across-the-United-States.pdf

I don't have a CCP nor do I carry but I know a number of folks who have told me that they are not going to bother renewing their permit (although they carry anyway). A number of folks I work with carry w/o a permit. (I'm in Texas, and don't care for jail cells).

edited to add I know a number of women who have gotten their CCP in recent years.

Last edited:
To me going through the CWP process is simply my attempt to play nice. If they announced tomorrow that all CWP's are invalid/revoked, I'd still carry my pocket constitution/declaration of independence that is SUPPOSED to be the law of the land and gives me the right to carry.

Back
Top Bottom