Continental Gold (CNL.TO)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Like probably most of you guys, I'm frequent listener to the KWN interviews. Eric King starts his interviews with a plug of one of his sponsors.
Amoung them is continental gold (CNL.TO), a medium size gold and silver exploration company with a market cap of roughly $ 800 million. Their properties are located in Colombia's Antioquia province which is certainly not the most peaceful place on earth ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antioquia_Department#Armed_conflict ). It seems, though, as if mining companies are not drawn into the conflicts, probably because they're paying all sides to be left alone :snidely:
This is the bad part of the story. Now comes the tempting part. CNL is sitting on insanely high grades of gold and silver. Their flagship property Buritica is an historical mine, as you can see from this quote:

"There is in the Province of Antioquia a mountain called Buriticá, which has turned into reality the dreams of rational people because it is a mountain of gold and it is almost intact.“
- Relacion de Mando, 1729

Here are the numbers that make your jaws drop:
Measured: 40,000 tonnes / Au 55.1 g / Ag 138 g / Ag 70,000 oz / Ag 200,000 oz
:mrt:

For more details see the investor presentation, p. 3
http://www.continentalgold.com/_resources/presentations/CNL_Presentation.pdf

The plan is to produce by 2015, see investor presentation p. 23. They still need final permits for production, it seems they're very confident that they'll get them.

Sprott Asset Management is holding a position in the company, insiders own 22 %.

They have no debt and 80 million in cash.

Here's the chart since the IPO 2 1/2 years ago:
2cmm7tc.png

Analyst targets are between 14 and 9.5 USD.

I'm gonna buy a small position for the medium term soon. This stock might go to the moon if they actually manage to implement their plan. I consider this purchase highly speculative, so don't put to much money in if you like the story :wave:

Back
Top Bottom