ChatGPT: Debt

Highlights thread as a discussion with ChatGPT

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Uglytruth

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Please list your newest debt numbers for the following;
Total Personal debt
Total Medical debt
Auto loan debt
Credit card debt
Housing debt
Mean person debt
Average personal debt

I'm sorry, but I don't have access to real-time data for personal debt statistics. However, I can provide some general information about recent trends and typical debt amounts as of my last update.

As of the last data available, here are some approximate national averages for the types of debts you mentioned:

1. Total Personal Debt: The total personal debt in the United States was around $14.6 trillion as of the latest data.

2. Total Medical Debt: Medical debt is a significant issue for many Americans, with estimates ranging from $140 billion to $170 billion in total medical debt.

3. Auto Loan Debt: Auto loan debt in the U.S. is significant, with the average auto loan debt per borrower at around $20,000.

4. Credit Card Debt: The total credit card debt in the U.S. was over $800 billion according to the latest Federal Reserve data. This translates to an average credit card debt per borrower of around $5,315.

5. Housing Debt: Housing debt, including mortgages, accounts for a significant portion of total debt in the U.S. The total housing debt was over $10 trillion, with the average mortgage debt per borrower estimated to be around $202,284.

6. Mean Personal Debt: The mean or average personal debt per adult in the U.S. was estimated at approximately $53,850.

7. Average Personal Debt: The average personal debt can vary widely depending on factors such as income, geographic location, and lifestyle choices. However, an average figure can be around $90,460 per adult in the U.S., considering various forms of debt like credit card, mortgage, auto, and student loans.

Please note that these numbers are estimates and can vary based on the source and time period. For the most up-to-date and accurate information, it's recommended to consult official reports or financial institutions.

Back
Top Bottom