dinner is served

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Once upon a time, when I was a kid, we lived next door to a guy who owned a shrimp boat. He invited us over for backyard cookouts and frequently had all manner of seafood including squid and octopus. Never did develop a taste for it.

Yeah my wife loves fried calamari.

I tried a piece and though it is edible I would take gator over it anyday. :)

-Q

Jay, what are your spices and broth?

ginger, onion, garlic tomato and jalapeno. I don't like the large squid, the little ones (these are about an inch long) are to die for. The first thing I ate (had never had before) when I met and married Bing in Mindanao. I also like the dinuguan (blood soup). Bing uses pork blood; the Mexicans here use goat blood. We don't go to Austin very often (last time in January) so seafood is far between for us. Austin has an awesome, HUGE asian grocery store, so when we do go, we load up on stuff.

Yeah my wife loves fried calamari.

I tried a piece and though it is edible I would take gator over it anyday. :)

-Q

the large squid they use for calamari strikes me as something you would eat when you are starving (which indeed many folks are). Gators good. When I was about eighteen, we got drunk and cooked a dog. Fast forward to when I'm thirty five, the next door neighbors (in Pagadian) were butchering a dog. I asked Bing if she ate dog. She said "it's very easy to prepare". I said "you are very crafty. (she had four passports with four different names). You never answered my question. I asked you if YOU eat dog." she said, "of course not. only drunkards eat dog." It was fifteen years before I told her I had eaten dog. :)

Once upon a time, when I was a kid, we lived next door to a guy who owned a shrimp boat. He invited us over for backyard cookouts and frequently had all manner of seafood including squid and octopus. Never did develop a taste for it.

I shrimped and worked commercial fishing for five years. There used to be some really good stuff out there to eat... an interesting aside, what we pushed overboard as trash back then commands high dollar now... the oceans are dead...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom