Disconnected from Reality: How Smartphones and Social Media Promote a Schizophrenic-Like Condition

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Disconnected from Reality: How Smartphones and Social Media Promote a Schizophrenic-Like Condition​

Jan 5, 2023

10:52

Ooooooooooh Boooooooooy! This video makes my blood boil how wrong it is! Dissembodied? Me? Who is this guy! Let me at em! Let me at em!

I remember reading Ringworld as a kid (back in the '80s) and being fascinated with the concept of a wirehead. Seems like we aren't too far away from the wifihead. :paperbag:

I remember reading Ringworld as a kid (back in the '80s) and being fascinated with the concept of a wirehead.
I was also a Niven fan around then. I don't have a count, but I surely bought dozens of his books. The tasp played a minor role in a few of them, and notably when LW used it as a tactical distraction with Speaker to Animals.

God, I loved those books. I wonder what Larry Niven is doing today, and if he would consider something new. With his input, of course. I have come to DESPISE authors who stamp their name on some lukewarm NOBODY that just kind of continues their great work... poorly.

Back
Top Bottom