Don't bug out here (unless you like bugs)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

That's disgusting. I guess I never really gave it much thought, but whenever I stay in a hotel, I am really sharing that bed with every trucker, hooker or traveler that ever dropped their head on the pillow. How much snore-snot, sweat and spittle ended up in the pillow over time? How about the mattress? How many incontinent grandmothers or toddlers pissed the bed? How many hookers turned tricks on that bed. Same for the carpet as long as we're analyzing it. It would be interesting to do a microscopic study on a small patch of rug from a middle of the road motel to see just what we're exposed to when we travel. I'll bet it would be a mycologists dream.

How many genetic strands could we find on an average bed?

Last edited:
Well, that's why they wash the coverings daily, I suppose. I know a guy who does bring a UV flashlight to look for "jizz" before he'll get into a hotel bed, though.

I find the sheer density of humans on say, a cruise ship to be a lot more problematic....though I do like to cruise now and then. That many people packed that close - one sneeze gets you all - they clean constantly, but no way even a small army can really keep up.

Back
Top Bottom