Dutch Gov't Attempts To Forcibly Close 3,000 Farms To Comply With 'Green' Agenda

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Dutch Government To Seize And Close 3,000 Farms To Comply With EU Environmental Rules​

*Editor’s note: This article has been updated with a comment from the Executive Director of Consumers’ Research

The Dutch government is planning to buy and close down up to 3,000 farms near environmentally sensitive areas to be in compliance with EU environmental rules.

It comes after farmer protests erupted this summer following a government plan to reduce nitrogen emissions by 50% by 2030, The New York Times reported. Farmers believe the measure unfairly targeted the agricultural sector, which is responsible for the largest portion of nitrogen emissions in the Netherlands, the Times added.

The government will conduct a “compulsory purchase” of large nitrogen emitters as part of a voluntary, one-time offer, announced Nitrogen Minister Christianne van der Wal, Bloomberg reported. Farmers will be offered a deal “well over” the value of the farm, according to the government plan. She asserted “there is no better offer coming” in a Friday meeting with MPs.

In response to the decision, Executive Director of Consumers’ Research Will Hild told the Daily Caller “The Netherland’s war on farmers to pursue their ESG agenda serves as a stark warning. Americans should be vigilant against efforts by both governments and big Wall Street firms like BlackRock pushing these same dangerous “net zero” carbon emissions targets here in the US. It is difficult to overstate the recklessness of undermining farmers during the greatest global food crisis in decades. This will likely exacerbate the food price inflation we are already experiencing.”

All to bring in food scarcity, to bring in starvation, death and compliance of those not dead.

I grew up with a survivor of a Siberian coal mining prisoner of war camp. My mother. She loved to eat. And cook. I always grew up with plenty of good food.

The dumb dutch are committing national suicide. I guess it's a substitute for jumping off the Empire State Building because everybody else is doing it?

Some of you will be familiar with this guy. His wife is Dutch and he has been residing there a while. His take is that .gov wants to turn all of the farmland into medium density housing in an effort to increase the tax base. He considers it to be dubious at best.

it's literally the mass murdering (bolshevik) agenda being enforced in many countries under the guise of globalist warming

and after the Dutch Government is done with that land, who do we suppose will be the next owner of it?

and they'll probably get it all at reduced prices because they know someone who knows someone who's paid someone else...

too bad they can't defend against tyranny

Dutch Gov't Attempts To Forcibly Close 3,000 Farms To Comply With 'Green' Agenda​

BY TYLER DURDEN
SUNDAY, DEC 11, 2022 - 06:45 AM

Dutch farmers protesting for months over the government's radical 'green' plan to slash nitrogen emissions by 50% - 95% could soon face forced buyouts of their land.

"For agricultural entrepreneurs, there will be a stopping scheme that will be as attractive as possible," Christianne van der Wal, nitrogen minister, recently said in the Dutch parliament. The Dutch government plans to purchase 3,000 "peak polluter" farms via a €24.3 billion ($25.6 billion) fund.

Van der Wal said farmers would be offered 100% value for their land, but if voluntary efforts fail, farmers will face forced buyouts.

The country is attempting to reduce nitrogen pollution and will make farm purchases if not enough landowners accept buyouts. She added: "There is no better offer coming."

So, how did this happen? As we explained over the summer, farmers were livid with the Dutch government for following through with their green agenda to reduce nitrogen emissions on farms. Many of these folks took to the streets with their tractors and pitchforks and demanded the government reverse course on crushing the country's agriculture industry.

more

I story so good, he had to post it twice. :p
||: Being a musician I tend to 'repeat'... unintentionally... Even when speaking to someone I repeat what I just said 2 mins ago... it's weird I know...

Being a musician I tend to 'repeat'... unintentionally... Even when speaking to someone I repeat what I just said 2 mins ago... it's weird I know... :||

||: Being a musician I tend to 'repeat'... unintentionally... Even when speaking to someone I repeat what I just said 2 mins ago... it's weird I know...

Being a musician I tend to 'repeat'... unintentionally... Even when speaking to someone I repeat what I just said 2 mins ago... it's weird I know... :||

You should try to "refrain". 🤪

Back
Top Bottom