Earth is outside its 'safe operating space for humanity' on most key measurements, study says

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
Earth is exceeding its “safe operating space for humanity” in six of nine key measurements of its health, and two of the remaining three are headed in the wrong direction, a new study said.

Earth’s climate, biodiversity, land, freshwater, nutrient pollution and “novel” chemicals (human-made compounds like microplastics and nuclear waste) are all out of whack, a group of international scientists said in Wednesday’s journal Science Advances. Only the acidity of the oceans, the health of the air and the ozone layer are within the boundaries considered safe, and both ocean and air pollution are heading in the wrong direction, the study said.

More:

So. Tax everything we got, lock us up in 15-minute gulag-cities, and make us eat bugs and filth.

That'll solve everything.

I'm tired of these panic-mongerers. And their lies are becoming more transparent, as they get moar desperate - because Klown Schlob is demanding RESULTS for his stipends to them.

I'm fine if all the liberal democrats want to suck start a .44 magnum because the Earth is too crowded. Seems to me if they are all hot and bothered by this news, they should lead the way constructively.

Ever notice how all the "elites" talking about this issue never think to take direct action by eliminating themselves?

Hypocrites - every single one of them.

This is the article referenced in the OP news:

Emphasis mine:
... Available data and state of knowledge from analytics and modeling of the framework components dictate the methods for derivation and quantification of the individual boundaries and their precautionary guardrails. Despite data constraints, efforts have been made to identify suitable control variables for all boundaries, ...

lulz.. :snidely:

I'm fine if all the liberal democrats want to suck start a .44 magnum because the Earth is too crowded. Seems to me if they are all hot and bothered by this news, they should lead the way constructively.

Ever notice how all the "elites" talking about this issue never think to take direct action by eliminating themselves?

Hypocrites - every single one of them.
When you're an undemocratic Democrat...it's DIFFERENT.

They're the Special People. THEY are the ones fit to continue the race forward. I guess, with anal sex and castration of children; with universal homosexual sodomy and other deviance.

Seems their knowledge of the birds and bees, like their knowledge of history, is woefully deficient.

Back
Top Bottom