Earthquakes

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the earthquake predictions? I frequent George Ures website (http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm) and he has been posting earthquake predictions by Patrick Geryl. Patrick Geryls' website looks like a bomb went off, but he has been dead on with his earthquake prediction of late, and he has a GRIM December forecast for us.

snip:
Patrick Geryl's Quake Predictions

Well, here we are in another one of Patrick Geryl's earthquake windows and what do we have but a 6.4 up in the Gulf of Alaska!

If you are working out the odds, this is 13 in a row that Patrick has accurately put in the right time windows.

If you're a math major, and you want to see what the USGS database looked like over the past two years, here's how quakes have looked:

Quake Magnitudes/Frequencies Parsed from USGS DB as of Nov 1, 2012 in preceding 36 months:

Mag 5.0- and larger per month: 182.667

Mag 6.0- and larger per month: 14.306

Mag 7.0 and larger per month: 1.611

So, as you can see, 6.0's are almost an every other day event. But those 7.0's and larger? With average of less than 2 per month, that begins to be convincing - quickly.

If we look at the USGS data. we can see that in the last 17-days we have had our two 7+ quakes (7.4 Guatemala and 7.7 Queen Charlottes) so if you're playing "score the quakes" at home, here's what's ahead:

"November 13-14: 6.5 plus

November 15-16: 6.5 plus

November 20: 6 plus

November 22-23: 6.5 plus *(Following was upgraded to 8.0+ Nov 25 period by phone, in Nov 7 in call with GU)

November 28: 7 +

Frankly, it's not that Patrick has come up with a methodology to predict the quakes, so much as what it infers for December when around December 17-18 we should see (by his calcs) an 8+ magnitude and then on December 21 (or thereabouts because there is such a major alignment coming up that for all intents and purposes begins around December 10) we could see a once-in-millennia quake of 10+ which would mean aftershocks of 9+ and 8+ and that really could be a global life changer. More on his site here.

10.0 for Dec 21-22? More will be revealed, I'm sure.

thats pretty interesting...

i cant help it, but it makes me think "OH GOD. THE MAYAN CALENDAR IS ENDING. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!":rotflmbo:

theres a lot of things aligning for this point in time (-:

Will the doomsday industry survive if not a lot happenz ?
David Wilcock has invited everyone who survives to his 'I told you so' party.
Wish i could remember what he told us, cos he always has rather a lot to say.

Fortunately i am fully up to speed with the multiple universe thinking that the quantum guys developed to explain the double slit light experiment and have a future mapped out.

Just got to make the right decisions ..........

P Geryle is now 15 for 15.
He has us getting hit by a 8.0 November 25.

Guess what? All we have to do is wake up to find out if he's right.

Wonder what California and Washington State getting obliterated will do to the silver market?

thats pretty interesting...

i cant help it, but it makes me think "OH GOD. THE MAYAN CALENDAR IS ENDING. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!":rotflmbo:

Oppie, Geryle has us getting hit by a 10.0, yes thats a 10.0, Dec 21 or Dec 22.

PS, he's using science for his forecasts. 15 for 15 as of today.

And how abut Italy locking up their scientists now for not warning the public about pending earthquakes? Welcome to the dark ages....

from Urban Survival:
http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

Geryl's "Miss" - The Good News & Bad

My inbox has been overflowing with emails this morning about how Patrick Geryl didn't get his large quake in the window which is now closing. Are we out of the woods? An email from Patrick this morning tells us no by a long shot:

"Hi George,

I was baffled why there wasn't even a 5 plus quake on November 25... So researched the planetary line ups again and finally found the fault...

The line ups from Venus and Saturn with the moon happen a few hours before they also line up with the Earth...

This must have caused LESS quake activity then normal instead of a big one... In the past the line ups with the moon all happen hours to even days after the line ups with the Earth started. With this finding I can now predict LESS quake activity...

A few days before this one there was also a line up with Uranus that didn't do much. Also related to the line up with the moon, but still have to find out why.... Result: we have now 12 days without a 6 plus quake...

However, these findings do not change my viewpoint on the BIG December line ups, because they are not related to the moon...but to conjunctions and Triple line ups that cause it..."

Then just a few minutes later, Geryl had another insight:

"SUBJECT: December 3 planetary line up at Giza!

Hi George,

By stumbling on this finding... I immediately knew why the pyramids where built! [Link to source]

As you can see on the image... Saturn, Venus and Mercury match with the Giza pyramids on December 3!

The big question is why?

That you find in the countdown to December 21...

On December 3

1) The Earth is in a conjunction with Jupiter

2) Opposition Neptune - Mercury

3) Opposition Uranus - Venus

4) Most important of all...Start of the Triple line up... SATURN - MERCURY - VENUS! The high from this Triple is from December 17 till 23...

It is this Triple that will activate the Sun and cause the gargantuan electromagnetic storm that will destroy our civilization... If that is not an outstanding achievement from the Old Egyptians...

December 3 should also give the start of the creation of the mega sunspot that will destroy our civilization... Should become visible on this side of the Sun between December 10-15.

Patrick Geryl"

I had to sit back with a cup of coffee on this: OK, so we get the line up - and we get the 9-10 magnitude quake(s)...and yes, we already have some hints as to how solar activity may cause the creation of matter within the core of planets - expanding planet theory, and all that. Check.

But Clif's data shows that somewhere - near as can be figured - the Big Stuff happens in the March 2013-June solstice period. That would likely fit closely with the data from scientists that figure the largest solar flares are at and just after solar maxima.

Or, December starts the sequence and we just all keep our seat belts fastened and our tray tables and seat backs locked in the upright position.

---

Related: Tip from reader Michael B:

"Was on Richard Alan Millers site this morning listening to an interview for Project Camelot. My ears perked up when he mentioned work he had done to verify observations that showed a correlation between the line up of Uranus, The Sun , and Earth and earthquakes. Not alot of detail but thought you would be interested in hearing this from this retired Physicist especially after the work Patrick Geryl has been doing forcasting earthquakes. Start about 11:00 minutes into the interview.

Wonder what California and Washington State getting obliterated will do to the silver market?

Oppie, Geryle has us getting hit by a 10.0, yes thats a 10.0, Dec 21 or Dec 22.

PS, he's using science for his forecasts. 15 for 15 as of today.

And how abut Italy locking up their scientists now for not warning the public about pending earthquakes? Welcome to the dark ages....

I live in southern Cal and have experienced quakes since the 1971 Sylmar shaker and was at the epicenter of the 1994 Northridge 6.7 magnitude.

I still believe an 8+ is going to hit Cali in my lifetime.

I live in southern Cal and have experienced quakes since the 1971 Sylmar shaker and was at the epicenter of the 1994 Northridge 6.7 magnitude.

I still believe an 8+ is going to hit Cali in my lifetime.

PG seems to think you're going to get hit before you run out of shopping days til Christmas.

While I have never felt a big shaker, I did feel a 3.6 or 3.7 in Arkansas when I was in my twenties. Let me tell you folks, that will mess up your head! Just a little shaker was all it took to make me the paranoid sonofabitch I am today. I'll never forget it. I was in southern Arkansas with a buddy and we were heading north to Cape Girardeau to hook up with some girls we knew, just standing on the entrance ramp hanging thumb when it hit. It lasted about two minutes, with a sort of lead in vibration and a crecendo type of low rumble for a couple of minutes.

Scared the ever 'lovin shit outta me!

While I have never felt a big shaker, I did feel a 3.6 or 3.7 in Arkansas when I was in my twenties. Let me tell you folks, that will mess up your head! Just a little shaker was all it took to make me the paranoid sonofabitch I am today. I'll never forget it. I was in southern Arkansas with a buddy and we were heading north to Cape Girardeau to hook up with some girls we knew, just standing on the entrance ramp hanging thumb when it hit. It lasted about two minutes, with a sort of lead in vibration and a crecendo type of low rumble for a couple of minutes.

Scared the ever 'lovin shit outta me!

In Cali we just prepare for them. Have a survival kit, guns, $$ and an exit strategy for leaving a house or other building.

Guess you will not be coming out west any time soon...You are really missing those California girls, though. :drool:

PERU is due for a BIG one, although it did have a +/- 8.0 a few years ago.

But, coastal Peru is next to a BIG subduction zone, making it look more perilous than even California (although I have read scary stuff about the Cascadia fault off of Oregon, Washington and BC in Canada). I believe that Cascadia is also a subduction zone. Big-ass quakes! Japan has a record of a huge tsunami that arrived all the way across the Pacific from Cascadia from hundreds of years ago.

I'll be back from Peru well before Dec. 21. Florida does not have earthquakes. The only one that would affect us would be one that knocks that rock off of Cumbre Vieja (Canary Islands I believe). That rock-slide would cause a tsunami, what they do not know is whether it would be a 10' tsunami, 100' or 1000'. A thousand footer would sweep all of Florida to its bedrock. At least we would have a few hours to drink up, go one last round in bed and try all those drugs we never got around to trying before....

PERU is due for a BIG one, although it did have a +/- 8.0 a few years ago.

But, coastal Peru is next to a BIG subduction zone, making it look more perilous than even California (although I have read scary stuff about the Cascadia fault off of Oregon, Washington and BC in Canada). I believe that Cascadia is also a subduction zone. Big-ass quakes! Japan has a record of a huge tsunami that arrived all the way across the Pacific from Cascadia from hundreds of years ago.

I'll be back from Peru well before Dec. 21. Florida does not have earthquakes. The only one that would affect us would be one that knocks that rock off of Cumbre Vieja (Canary Islands I believe). That rock-slide would cause a tsunami, what they do not know is whether it would be a 10' tsunami, 100' or 1000'. A thousand footer would sweep all of Florida to its bedrock. At least we would have a few hours to drink up, go one last round in bed and try all those drugs we never got around to trying before....

DCRB, I just read an essay about that. That is an unfortunate wives tale that was spread around the internet. The wave generated by a collapse of CV would be about 2.5 inches high by the time it reaches Florida. It is velocity that creates tsunami, not size. The mountain collapsing into the ocean at 100 mph has NOTHING on a mile wide asteroid traveling at 50,000 MPH. I'll find the linky.

OK I googled it, got 10,300 results about it being a hoax, heres one:

The mega-hyped tidal wave story
http://www.lapalma-tsunami.com/

now the Federal Reserve Bank, thats another story.... :)

So he was 15/16 right?

I haven't heard about California or Washington being obliterated yet so I'm just assuming..

The housekeeper yesterday told she felt a tremor about 4:00 PM here in Lima (Peru), which I did not feel. But, of those kinds of tremors (maybe about 3 on the Richter scale), I miss maybe 50% of them as I am in a car or busy doing something and do not notice.

You can notice them more easily (USA West Coast people can probably back me up on this one) when you are in the kitchen or other place where stuff rattles around more. I would say that I notice about one tremor about every three trips here (typically a week - 10 days). But, I have never been in a real one (say a 6), they say it´s very scary -- for good reason.

So he was 15/16 right?

I haven't heard about California or Washington being obliterated yet so I'm just assuming..

he missed the 7.5 quake he predicted Nov 25, and he missed the upgraded 8.9 he predicted for Mon. 3 (planetary lineup marked by the Giza pyramids). Internet is absolutely quiet about this. and George Ure on urbansurvival hasn't said a peep about the miss. he did say the USGS has taken down their site. His question is what is it they don't want us to know? I haven't looked. However, here are two good real-time earthquake monitoring sites:

http://earthquakes.volcanodiscovery.com/

http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

The housekeeper yesterday told she felt a tremor about 4:00 PM here in Lima (Peru), which I did not feel. But, of those kinds of tremors (maybe about 3 on the Richter scale), I miss maybe 50% of them as I am in a car or busy doing something and do not notice.

You can notice them more easily (USA West Coast people can probably back me up on this one) when you are in the kitchen or other place where stuff rattles around more. I would say that I notice about one tremor about every three trips here (typically a week - 10 days). But, I have never been in a real one (say a 6), they say it´s very scary -- for good reason.

we were in a (7.9?) in Pagadian on our honeymoon. Only broke a bottle of banana catsup, but the one before that killed 2000. I don't ever want to be in a major quake again. anywhere.

Will the doomsday industry survive if not a lot happenz ?
...all the failed "end of days" prophecies didn't seem to impact Jehovah Witnesses, so I guess doomsday industry will be fine!

"(...)By stumbling on this finding... I immediately knew why the pyramids where built! [Link to source]

As you can see on the image... Saturn, Venus and Mercury match with the Giza pyramids on December 3!

The big question is why? "
The even bigger question is: they all line up, looking from what point of view? Some arbitrary one, I guess? And even bigger bigger question: would they line up the same way, looking from the same point, at the time when they were built - or were they all built just for our today's viewing pleasure? :rotflmbo:

...all the failed "end of days" prophecies didn't seem to impact Jehovah Witnesses, so I guess doomsday industry will be fine!

The even bigger question is: they all line up, looking from what point of view? Some arbitrary one, I guess? And even bigger bigger question: would they line up the same way, looking from the same point, at the time when they were built - or were they all built just for our today's viewing pleasure? :rotflmbo:

I guess we could ask PG but he seems to have vanished off the net for now.

from urbansurvival.com:

snip:
Geryl Scores Again

Well, no word back from Patrick on any changes to the schedule, so from the earthquake yesterday (7.1, Banda Sea) we should be shaking with middle-sized quakes through the 17th-23rd of December period when we expect a 9+ to 10.0 quake but please, don't ask me for a location.

If odds, so my way of seeing it, would either be the USA West Coast (some linguistics hint that way, plus there hasn't been corresponding Western Pacific quake action to offset the Japan, Indo, and Chilean quakes. We're sort of due, I figure, and it could come anywhere from the Bering Sea all the way down to SoCal.

I am concerned about friends and family up in Seattle and just hope like hell it happens out in the ocean somewhere so whole regions aren't leveled by this stuff.

But even so, Clif's work still shows the data gap ahead in 2013 and there's the high probability of the global coastal event language coming along in the march to June period, although that's just a kind of midpoint in the data...things are messy ahead.

Hey, it turns out that Peru DID get one that I felt. Yesterday (Monday, about 6:30 AM or so), a mag 4.3 centered offshore of Lima hit. It woke me up. Kind of a big boom (not as LOUD as some firewroks, but a little jerk there too) and then some gentle rattling for some two - three seconds. Not a big deal, even for those closer to the epicenter, it was some 30 (?) km deep under the Pacific, no tsunami, not even for the coast of central Peru.

Different than the +/- eight or so tremors I have felt in the past which were mostly like a big truck rumbling by outside but the rattling lasting up to 10 seconds or so.

I have never been in a big one... And tomorrow I return to Gringolandia, I am bringing my wife´s parents up.

WATCH: BUILDINGS COLLAPSE, RESCUES UNDERWAY AS POWERFUL EARTHQUAKES KILL THOUSANDS IN TURKEY, SYRI..​

Rescue efforts intensify in Syria and Turkey as death toll climbs past 4,000​

BY BRIAN DAKSS, HALEY OTT, ALEX SUNDBY, TUCKER REALS
UPDATED ON: FEBRUARY 6, 2023

Rescue teams worked frantically through the night into Tuesday after a massive 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck southeast Turkey and war-torn northern Syria on Monday morning, crumbling buildings and killing more than 4,000 people, The Associated Press reported.

Turkish and Syrian officials have said they expect the death toll to climb, as they called on governments and international agencies to provide help. Many countries, in turn, have raced to deploy rescue teams, aid and equipment.

In Turkey alone, more than 5,600 buildings were destroyed, The Associated Press reported. U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric said 224 buildings in northwestern Syrian were destroyed and at least 325 were damaged, including aid warehouses. The U.N. had been assisting 2.7 million people each month via cross-border deliveries, which could now be disrupted.

video

The first powerful quake struck before dawn on a rainy and snowy night. It was felt as far away as Cairo, Cyprus, Lebanon and even in Greenland and Denmark.

CROWD ERUPTS IN CHEERS AS ENTIRE FAMILY IS RESCUED FROM RUBBLE AFTER SYRIA EARTHQUAKE​

Back
Top Bottom