End of a phase

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3190766-gold-bulls-are-back-in-control

A lot of gold bugs have gone silent as they have seen the U.S. dollar price of gold fall from the 1900s to the 1200s and stay flat. We had a massive run from the 300s to the 1900s; we were massively due for a pullback/correction. After this correction, the USD has been exceptionally strong. One of the charts in the above article shows that while gold appears to be flat relative to the dollar, it has been gaining in other currencies. Eventually, the USD will pull back from it's highs and we will start to see gold gain relative to the dollar. In the meantime, take advantage of the sale prices in gold!

:cheers:

Yes, its hard to be positive when the last two years have been all about getting punished.

At least I can smile when new entrants to gold purchasing get all breathless about small moves .... I can remember $100 days !

The real question for me will be do I get out at break-even, having been held back on project financing for 2 years, or wait another cycle for my metal holdings to actually give me a gain ?

Investment is not buying something that the only hope of making a profit is to sell it at a higher price.
An investment is something that pays you a stream of income.
Investment = bond, dividend paying stock, rental property
The income from my investments (along with money from employment) fund purchases of investments and savings.
Gold/Silver is not an investment.
Gold/Silver = savings hedged against inflation
When I need funding to cover an emergency or to fund a project, I use my savings.
I can retire when my monthly income stream from investments > monthly cost of living

$.02

Last edited:
Even if you consider gold being cheap right now (which it might be), I still silver as being cheaper. I guess I could see it as if I could buy one $100 for say $80 or ten $10 bills for $60, I'll go with the latter. Yes it's nice to have those big bills, but at the extra value, I'll find the room for all those $10 bills.

A lot of gold bugs have gone silent
Except for this one: :wave:
I do not know where we are exactly in this LongSlowCrawl towards the LaunchPad. I have an itch in the seat of my pants, though, so ignition could be right around the corner given the sparks flying around world financial markets these days.

Marc

I do not know where we are exactly in this LongSlowCrawl towards the LaunchPad. ...

If Rickards is to be believed, it depends upon how close China is to gathering the physical gold necessary for equal footing before NWO monetary system can start. This if course assumes that TPTB can keep everything together until that time. No Lehmans At All.

heh,

banned from Kitco ......

I heard that they are pretty intolerant and moderate pretty hard.

heh,

banned from Kitco ......

I heard that they are pretty intolerant and moderate pretty hard.

Naw, it's a petty torment form of revenge.

Incorrect use of 'a/an', 'then/than' and 'there/their' in multiple posts
by different aliases would indicate there isn't much of a crew manning
the Kitco Bo-At. Or it could be that some of my remarks caused XevBellRinger
to go on the rag..., I don't know :)

Marc

Back from a trip (DC and NYC), the ONLY thing I bought was a 2000 1 oz Pt Eagle, proof, MS70 grade in a slab. Expensive!

NYC has no bargains re PMs, but MAYBE is cheaper than PERU re 18 kt gold as "bling" (heavy links, you know, to carry wealth around with you, out of the country say).

Over the coming days, I will chip-in again with comments, smile,,,

EDIT: Bwa ha ha re banning from Kitco... Yet the NYC dealers still use kitco to check current gold prices.

WITH you Marc!

kitco must get really, really hurt to ban people! Pobrecitos...

I like civility as much as the next guy, but getting banned from a website is very tough, unless the perp deserved it of course...

:)

Yes, its hard to be positive when the last two years have been all about getting punished.

At least I can smile when new entrants to gold purchasing get all breathless about small moves .... I can remember $100 days !

The real question for me will be do I get out at break-even, having been held back on project financing for 2 years, or wait another cycle for my metal holdings to actually give me a gain ?

Rblong, we all value the concept of dollar-cost-averaging going in, so it makes sense to dollar cost average when getting out also.

If you are in a situation where you need/want to sell, rather than selling it all when you break even, wait until the break even price and sell 10%. Then sell another 10% at some periodic interval, as long as the price stays above your break even point.

If you choose the right period, you may find that you may not want or have to sell all of it.

Well I've had some darts thrown at me and that is Ok. :)
The Darts I threw back were RealZingers and I won, So...

Marc

Rblong, we all value the concept of dollar-cost-averaging going in, so it makes sense to dollar cost average when getting out also.

If you are in a situation where you need/want to sell, rather than selling it all when you break even, wait until the break even price and sell 10%. Then sell another 10% at some periodic interval, as long as the price stays above your break even point.

If you choose the right period, you may find that you may not want or have to sell all of it.

Hey Unob, good to see you here.

Yeah, selling 12 ozs a year is a cost dollar avge exit plan, just got to watch for an opportunity and accept the sale price and I do need some project money as well.

Didnt DCA going in because my house sold at a time it looked like the whole pack of cards was about to fall over.
I was mightily relieved to be in Goldmoney and Bullionvault in Zurich and actually I still am, because better 3 years early than one day late ..........:flushed:

I was wondering... PMBUG runs on vBulletin. Is this because it is the BrainChild of a DisGruntledKitcoan?

Nope. I haven't spent enough time on kitco's forum to decide if I should be gruntled or disgruntled with the experience.

pmbug runs on vB because it was the best option out there at the time that I set it up. Some day I will need to upgrade the software (maybe to XenForo) but I'm holding off as long as possible. It's a lot of work to do that.

Hey Unob, good to see you here.

Yeah, selling 12 ozs a year is a cost dollar avge exit plan, just got to watch for an opportunity and accept the sale price and I do need some project money as well.

Didnt DCA going in because my house sold at a time it looked like the whole pack of cards was about to fall over.
I was mightily relieved to be in Goldmoney and Bullionvault in Zurich and actually I still am, because better 3 years early than one day late ..........:flushed:

Good to be back, the rat race of life has been extremely busy and I have only had time to speed read through many of the posts here. I have had a small breather and will try to be a little more active when things slow down.

A lot of gold bugs have gone silent...

I've been silent because my ex has been trying to take my kids from me, and my life has turned to shit. I do come by and read from time to time however. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Be strong Mike

you are not alone in what you are going through.

( Mine were grown up enough when it happened to be able to see the games their Mother was attempting to play )

Try not to get dragged down to the level of your adversary .......

Sorry to hear that Mike. My brother went through some stuff when he got divorced too. SIL tried to pull some nasty shenanigans to get custody of their son but it all ended up backfiring on her. My nephew lives with his father. Kids are pretty perceptive to what is going on.

Gold is gaining its pace again, I heard it is on last 5 weeks high. It is a well known fact that gold is a very precious and admired metal it can not simplay stay down for long.

Gold may be low right now but will not be in the same state much longer so avail the benefit when you can.

Nope. I haven't spent enough time on kitco's forum to decide if I should be gruntled or disgruntled with the experience.

pmbug runs on vB because it was the best option out there at the time that I set it up. Some day I will need to upgrade the software (maybe to XenForo) but I'm holding off as long as possible. It's a lot of work to do that.

You might/could take a look at PunBB or phpBB.
Both are fairly robust and Free. :)
I use them in my WebSpace. There is a pretty good selection of open source stuff out there to play with. I know, I built a SpaghettiMonster for free. :)

Marc

Back
Top Bottom