Equity traders view on gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
It is interesting to see equity traders believing gold will drop below $1,000 before going on a bull run:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3049016-dont-buy-gold-now-wait-until-its-under-1000

"10 Reasons Why Gold Will Rise

A dollar crash imminent
The weak economy
Inflation
Geopolitical uncertainty (ISIS)
Russia/Ukraine
Iran (Nukes)
Peak gold
China and India demand
Mints running out of coins
It can't go any lower"

"10 Reasons Why Gold Has Fallen

A stronger dollar
Fed's threat of higher rates
No inflation
No war (no fear)
Iran nuke talks
Drop in unemployment
Pays no interest (Treasuries do, albeit small)
Higher stock market
Low volatility
Lower demand"

I didn't see, "Central bank collusion" anywhere in those lists. :paperbag:

This may help the gold market:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesseco...ursts/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

"Since the mid-1990s, the U.S. economy and stock market has experienced three different bubbles: the 1990s Dot-com bubble, the mid-2000s housing bubble, and now another bubble that includes stocks, bonds, tech startups, certain segments of the housing market, higher education, and much more. I believe that this new bubble is creating what I call a “Bubblecovery” or a bubble-driven temporary economic recovery that will end in another crisis."

Bubblecovery
:rotflmbo:

Back
Top Bottom