Excuse me sir, we had a report you are burning wood...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hoo-wee... they wouldn't like the folks around here who use homemade / welded wood stoves to heat their houses :)

Holy Crap, the USSA has truly become a proverbial prison.

We are "free range" citizens.

Try to pull my $4500 designed for 1900sq ft soap stone stove.

With the heat powered fan(no batteries/electricity) set on this stove, no Buderus oil furnace burned for the subfloor basement, main floor, or master bath tile 2nd floor.

Just to damn warm. Basement is cool however but not used for living space although finished as such.

yeah, we use a medium sized Dutchwest, good luck moving it. This little town used to make EarthStoves, but that was before my time.

001-114.jpg

003-25.jpg

small town I live in requires a city approved (read BIL) contractor for installation and city inspection before you can have a woodstove. jeeeeeez. Cities closed on Thanksgiving day, though.

Some good can come out of this. Some towns here allow people to burn in burn barrels, they burn plastics, diapers- and noxious stuff- and then it blows over to my area which does not burn and triggers breathing problems.

so then Penn, outlawing most woodstoves will prevent people from burning in barrels?

so then Penn, outlawing most woodstoves will prevent people from burning in barrels?

What do you think?

People burn garbage here because they dont want to pay a garbage man. It is not fair to people who have breathing problems.

All politics is local.

Think of how to arrange nuisances

Smell-breathing is the worst- then loud noise is 2nd- then the last on the list would be eye soars.

People should have access to heat their house- but burning of garbage has got to stop. At one time I was going to get the ashes of the plastics in the burn barrel and have them fined- you are not allowed to burn plastic.

The reality is - when I am gasping for air- unable to get oxygen- choking and about to turn blue- no one has the right to impose this on me.

Some good can come out of this. Some towns here allow people to burn in burn barrels, they burn plastics, diapers- and noxious stuff- and then it blows over to my area which does not burn and triggers breathing problems.
The solution is to sue the polluters (the plastic and diaper burners), not ban wood-burning stoves.

I'm the only guy I know who does high vacuum physics, surface mount vapor reflow soldering, and all that is done in a room that contains this rebuilt Ashley (with a drum). Efficient as hell, and if you can smell my smoke, get the hell off my property.
Density is the problem, Penn. You want all the advantages (?) without any of the disadvantages? GoodLuckWithThat.
stove.jpg

Thats easy to say when you are in good health with no repitatory problems.

I'm the only guy I know who does high vacuum physics, surface mount vapor reflow soldering, and all that is done in a room that contains this rebuilt Ashley (with a drum). Efficient as hell, and if you can smell my smoke, get the hell off my property.
Density is the problem, Penn. You want all the advantages (?) without any of the disadvantages? GoodLuckWithThat.
View attachment 98

that is awsome!

The solution is to sue the polluters (the plastic and diaper burners), not ban wood-burning stoves.

The way to deal with it - is to enforce existing law... which they dont.

Penn - that's easy to say when you don't know me. I'm 59, smoked since 13, and regularly hack my guts up so hard I see spots. But it's my problem, so I moved out to where the air is good (at least between cigs), rather than blame others.

Do people burn garbage in burn barrels there?

I doubt they do. If they did- then you would know about the all day long smoker of blacks noixious smoke seeping into everything for hours on end- plastics- it is filthy and it needs to stop.

Do people burn garbage in burn barrels there?

I doubt they do. If they did- then you would know about the all day long smoker of blacks noixious smoke seeping into everything for hours on end- plastics- it is filthy and it needs to stop.

try living in the Philippines. I have/do. Burning trash, tires, etc. And here in Central Texas they burn everything also. BUT burning trash in barrels has little to do with a select few mandating that I have to buy their woodstove. This is a money grab.

The difference Jay- is we need heat to live- but we do not need burning as a means of garbage disposal.

And sure it is a money grab.

I live in town- we do not burn in town-- so that is my choice. One reason- I can be glad I dont live in the country is that people do burn... not because they need heat but because they are too cheap to hire a garbage man. You cant hang clothes out to dry or open the windows- and the fumes seap into the house. That is not fair to those who have diminished lung capacity.

Penn, what in the world are you talking about? :) I started a thread about the EPA wanting to ban most woodstoves, and now it is about not being able to breath because people burn trash in barrels? My post #16 was merely a reply to your post to DCFuser questioning whether he even knew what noxious black smoke was.

check this out:
Air quality in Beijing was the "worst on record" on Saturday and Sunday

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ronmentalists-article-1.1239143#ixzz2HzPwRK1t

Back
Top Bottom