Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vox

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
UMMMMM....what the hell is this????

===========================

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release March 16, 2012
Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness

EXECUTIVE ORDER

NATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESS

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

==========================================================

The signing of the National Defense Resources Preparedness executive order grants the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Agriculture, the Department of Labor, the Department of Defense and other agencies complete control of all US resources, including the ability to seize, confiscate or re-delegate resources, materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense as delegated by the following agencies:

Sec. 201. Priorities and Allocations Authorities. (a)

(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;

(2) the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;

(3) the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;

(4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;

(5) the Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and

(6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.

(b) The Secretary of each agency delegated authority under subsection (a) of this section (resource departments) shall plan for and issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions.

Excerpt:

Sec. 801. Definitions. In addition to the definitions in section 702 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2152, the following definitions apply throughout this order:

(b) “Energy” means all forms of energy including petroleum, gas (both natural and manufactured), electricity, solid fuels (including all forms of coal, coke, coal chemicals, coal liquification, and coal gasification), solar, wind, other types of renewable energy, atomic energy, and the production, conservation, use, control, and distribution (including pipelines) of all of these forms of energy.

(c) “Farm equipment” means equipment, machinery, and repair parts manufactured for use on farms in connection with the production or preparation for market use of food resources.

(e) “Food resources” means all commodities and products, (simple, mixed, or compound), or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being ingested by either human beings or animals, irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for human or animal consumption. “Food resources” also means potable water packaged in commercially marketable containers, all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal or marine fats and oils, seed, cotton, hemp, and flax fiber, but does not mean any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.

(f) “Food resource facilities” means plants, machinery, vehicles (including on farm), and other facilities required for the production, processing, distribution, and storage (including cold storage) of food resources, and for the domestic distribution of farm equipment and fertilizer (excluding transportation thereof).

(i) “Health resources” means drugs, biological products, medical devices, materials, facilities, health supplies, services and equipment required to diagnose, mitigate or prevent the impairment of, improve, treat, cure, or restore the physical or mental health conditions of the population.

(j) “National defense” means programs for military and energy production or construction, military or critical infrastructure assistance to any foreign nation, homeland security, stockpiling, space, and any directly related activity. Such term includes emergency preparedness activities conducted pursuant to title VI of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 5195 et seq., and critical infrastructure protection and restoration.

(n) “Water resources” means all usable water, from all sources, within the jurisdiction of the United States, that can be managed, controlled, and allocated to meet emergency requirements, except “water resources” does not include usable water that qualifies as “food resources.”

Jesus Christ, is it signed into law???? A totalitarian country officially?? Sec 201.b) "(...) under both emergency and non-emergency conditions." ?????????????

Like, tomorrow they might seize your farm machinery, your food, your water, your car, your drugs, your....????? On a WHIM ("non-emergency cond.")

So, in today's world, we have two totalitarian countries, that are most powerfull on Earth (China & US), right?

That is fucking scarry! That is completely against US constitution, isn't it? How possible that US Pres can sign such things into law, I cannot understand that??

Everyone wants to believe that the USA is the land of the free. It's what's we've been told since we were toddlers. Americans by and large are not ready to handle the truth.

Emergency powers are great for governments. They can create never ending emergencies (wars) as they like. There is no shortage of boogymen.

That executive order is clearly in conflict with the Constitution - in effect institutionalizing communism at the whim of the executive. But will a court ever rule against it? Will the people object to the political class that sees fit to run roughshod over them?

This stuff reads like a preparation for war.
It might also be used to ceize pms and pm miners... :doodoo:

I read the entire piece of shit last night. We are officially screwed to the wall. Only a complete collapse, such that our money becomes useless can this country ever come back. It will take the destruction of our current paradigm to bring about the widespread agreement that what we now have does not work. We need to return to our constitutional roots, eliminate the agencies who now pore over every single typed word on the web searching for "subversive" text. We need to stop this thing before it gets so far out of control it cannot be stopped.

Last edited:
Most of the stuff in that executive order already existed in previous executive orders (not that that makes it any more acceptable in my opinion). This just clarifies government responsibilities now that the DHS behemoth has been hatched. DHS is an orders of magnitude bigger beast than FEMA ever was.

And due to their unlimited access to all information - warrant or not - they have all the dirt on every politician, count on it. Wouldn't you like to have the dirt on your source of money to ensure it kept flowing? What bureaucrat wouldn't think of that in the first ten seconds?

I think it will take more than fiat money going bust to shake this one off guys. That will be (one of) the excuse to apply all this crap, more likely.

Of course, even the evil IRS goes after the largest and most cost-effective targets first...

not to say its exactly whats going to happen, but i have thought for a while now that something very similar to this is going to happen this year. Made my skin crawl to see someone post a comment that was so similar to my own thoughts.

Took this from the comment section of an article:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/does-the-new-white-house-rural-council-uns-agenda-21/ This article is about a previous Executive Order relates to the Executive Order he just signed.

RBlankert
Posted on February 14, 2012 at 11:58pm

I sold my house and am selling everything I own and getting out. The USA is becoming USSA and the connections between the communists and Democrats are clear. I am called a racist for saying Obama (or whatever his real name is) is accommunist. I am told not to say that everything that is happening to our economy and our country is being done by design. I will make some predictions. This fall there will be a tremendous amount of chaos and riots in the streets. It will start this summer and get worse and worse. It will be all orchestrated and organized by George Soros and company. At some point the troops will be sent in to surround cities and disarm the people. Those who do not give up will be arrested and put in FEMA camps. They need no warrants or charges or trials and an American citizen can be arrested and put away forever with no rights whatsoever. There will be no elections in November., Obama can not win right now so he will simply declare himself the winner. Massive voter fraud is the plan but if he figures he lost, they will fight it out in the streets. It is time to leave folks. There is no place to hide in this country. I love America but this America is out of control . Government agents went to a school and confiscated a 5 year olds lunch because it did not meet government standards, made the child eat at the cafeteria and charge the mother for it. The kid was tramatized and the school was all happy with themselves. No more nanny state for me.

So we have this, the indefinate detention act ( i forget what it's called ), the new 2 billion dollar monitoring facility, and central banks around the world are buying massive amounts of gold.....

I'm not smart enough to connect the dots, but at least I am able recognize dots when I see them. The government appears to be getting ready for something, and the FBI considers us terrorist if we store food and buy gold. Who has an end game prediction out there?

end game prediction: martial law is declared before elections, we are rounded up and taken to fema camps, or massacred. It starts in L.A. we all die.

Nah, that's too easy and even they would see it can't work - if you lock up everybody, they can't be productive little slaves.

You still have elections, just like Russia - the illusion of choice keeps most of the cheetos/beer/bigscreen TV guys firmly on their couches.

You only bother to arrest/disappear the guys who realize what's going on, and even then, only those who begin to have some success waking the sheeple. You leave the real crazies out there to show how nuts they are, since hardly anyone is influenced by them anyway - they're no threat, really.

You continue the theft via inflation and taxpayer bailouts. There was an interesting article on ZH the other day on the cost of bailing vs not bailing greece - it was very close to the same number, but the really big important difference was who paid in the end - the big banks, or the taxpayers.

Anybody who has run a decent sized business knows that managing a buncha people into being productive is one tough job. Why would the government take that one, when people will do it for them and simply allow them to skim off all the cream - in other words, how is that prediction better for TPTB than things now are?

Occam would say - this is the just in case move, in case something threatens the plan the way it is already. If somehow people actually get off their couches and start resisting, this is what they use to snuff that out quick before it can spread. Hence all the in-country surveillance - so they can nip anything serious early before too many people find out about it, and avoid creating popular martyrs for the cause of the constitution.

Always easier to take out a few leaders of a resistance movement before the movement really gets going and becomes popular. The sad truth is most are sheep, no matter the side they happen to be on, and need those leaders to get into motion.

This would be the first time in history a government could actually know about it soon enough to pull it off, might be real interesting.

Active resistance is futile unless you are prepared to take big risks. Which I am not. I´ll either leave (less likely now, my wife just told me she does NOT want to move back to Peru) or just hunker down and not do anything unless they come for me.

Sad, very sad what is happening to our once great country.

On the other hand, pessimists have more fun! That´s my position, and I´m sticking to it!

Maybe I will do more boating, they say it´s a lot of fun!

Last two posts, well considered, provide a deep appreciation for the risks taken roughly 240 years ago.

:agree: That was sure a nice way to say that! I was going to come back with the "when they came for xxx" quotes. Truth is, those are the pattern most of the time, looking back in history, when active resistance seemed dangerous - which is nearly all the time, this time included. I don't plan any of that beyond perhaps what would be considered self defense.

To me it looks like the smart move is just to be as ready as possible. You'll be glad you were, and there will be others you'll want to be able to help too.
(And some you might not mind watching twist...)

I enjoy feeling like I'm ready anyway - it just feels good.

When I was growing up I heard too many stories from people with too many numbers tatooed on their wrinkled forearms. They didn't think it could happen to them either, and it was too late when they realized it could.

Back
Top Bottom