Favorite/unique silver options

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

69mach351

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
I was wondering what pieces of silver people like and why. I am curious what are the staples and other fun/different things out there. Diversity is the spice of life as they say. I know the ASE, silver maple, austrian philharmonic, and silver buffalo rounds are popular choices. I am open to looking at bars, rounds, coins, etc. in various sizes. The panda seems neat, but everyone seems pretty proud ($$$) for a 1oz piece.

I like the design of the silver Britannias... and I'm a fan of Morgan Dollars, too.

ADK

I tend to buy bars and ASEs, but it's fun to get something different on occasion. I got a Somalian silver elephant a while ago because I didn't have one, and ADK mentioned silver Britannias, which I did not have, so I had to order one of those last night along with my standard bi-weekly items.

It's all good, in my opinion!

I primarily buy bars, too... I have an Academy hand poured and I would like to get one of the Silvertowne hand poured. They look "classic" - like they enjoy hanging out with the Morgans in my collection :)

Nice buy on the Britannia... I really like that design, but the premium stinks. I have a few.

ADK

Just bought the Star Spangled Banner Commemorative from the US Mint a few minutes ago... I wanted to pick one of those up for a while. The design just appeals to me.

I have this Coin World magazine laying on the floor near my computer and that coin is on the front. It kept reminding me that I should take the ten minutes and pick one up from the mint. Done.

ADK

Last edited:
Received my silver maples yesterday. =)

For for coins/rounds, I think maples, buffalos and Morgans look nice. Other than those, not a fan of rounds in general, especially those with zodiac, celebratory designs.

For bars, I like the simple look Credit Suisse. But the premium is high, so amongst the low-premium bars, the Sunshine Mint bars look best IMO, but wish they had serial numbers like the Johnson Matthey bars.

Got my first Mexican Silver Libertad yesterday.
It's got boobs on it!
(Might be my new favorite.)

Back
Top Bottom