FED to reduce bond buying

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

We'll see how long that lasts.

10-Year Treasury yield is up to 2.89%. So bond holder did not hear the news they wanted.

Dow up to over 16,100. Like Barron's predicted... A new record.

Yet what I saw in SC recently (LOTS of vacant commercial real estate and LOTS of land for sale) as well as low outlet mall sales (anecdote by an employee there) say we are NOT out of recession.

Bernanke's disingenuous remark about unemployment rate at 7.0% is deceitful, the worker participation rate is near a record.

DoChen sez:

"Bah, humbug! Save your money, fishez!"

(especially in shiny metals...)

10-Year Treasury yield is up to 2.89%. So bond holder did not hear the news they wanted.

Dow up to over 16,100. Like Barron's predicted... A new record.

Yet what I saw in SC recently (LOTS of vacant commercial real estate and LOTS of land for sale) as well as low outlet mall sales (anecdote by an employee there) say we are NOT out of recession.

Bernanke's disingenuous remark about unemployment rate at 7.0% is deceitful, the worker participation rate is near a record.

DoChen sez:

"Bah, humbug! Save your money, fishez!"

(especially in shiny metals...)

In English the word Humbug refers to a person or item that tricks, deceives, talks, or behaves in a way that is deceptive, dishonest, false, or insincere.

Nah, wouldn't apply to the B.

So, Da Boyzz are reducing the bond buying from 1.020 trillion a year to a mere 900 billion dollars a year. Well that eases my mind! What a load of crap! Are "they" still "twisting" the "profits" from all the crap they're purchasing back in to paper? If so, then the taper would be offset and meaningless in real terms. This is a shell came fellas', so beware.

It doesn't really matter what they do any more, since the game is near the end. It's a lot like monopoly, and when either the bank has all the money or some oligarch end up with it all, the game is simply over. Unless of course, if someone gets mad and flips the board over in disgust and quits [think china] then the dynamic changes a bit.

If [when really] china calls in all that paper, we're in for a world of hurt. china need not fire a single bullet or put a single solider in harms way. They can destroy the USA with a phone call or two. By simply dumping a huge pile of our bonds and bills, they can effectively wipe us off the face of the earth. Of course we could always cease shipments of food, but then we would be talking about world war four.

One thing I am baffled by- wasnt the euro backed by gold?

I think the first line asset of the euro on audit reports is gold.

This is a fundamental difference between it and the US$ and is apparently its fundamental strength in a showdown in the currency wars.

Thats what I learned from Another and FOA when I attempted the gold trail as suggested by FOFOA.

This is all fine and dandy, but the reality is that our economic situation is much more complex than how much the FED buys in bonds. Our economic problem is so much deeper than just bonds and how many fingers the government has in the pot. It is yet another ploy by the government to distract us from the reality of the situation. If anything, our government is at least a great magician. They should go on America's Got Talent because they are experts at having us look this way while they do something else that way.

They may cut spending here, but they will certainly make up for it with spending it else where. They blow through billions on things that we never even hear about. They distract us with Obama-care and things like cutting spending on bonds while they still spend billions on useless and pointless causes like the war on drugs. It drives me crazy to think about how irresponsible they are with our money. Most of what they do would land all of us in jail if we were to try the same thing.

This is all fine and dandy, but the reality is that our economic situation is much more complex than how much the FED buys in bonds. ...

A few years ago, I would have endorsed this 100% without equivocation, however, since the onset of QE, it's been clear even to a n00b like me that the Fed 's interventions has created enormous distortions in the financial markets and inverted the normal market response to economic data (bad is good - means more heroin from the Fed, good is bad, means less heroin from the Fed).

The Fed has done a tremendous job in coercing investment money to flow into equities despite the onerous implications of the (un)employment data.

When I look at the 10 year from the point where QE infinity was announced and the point where tapering was announced, I see rates up 50% over one year. Stop and think about that for a moment. Even with the fed buying up 90% of the treasuries being issued, rates went up 50% from 2-3%. It's a farce.

Back
Top Bottom