Five Black Memphis Police Officers Charged with Murder in Death of Tyre Nichols [VIDEO]

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Five Black Memphis Police Officers Charged with Murder in Death of Tyre Nichols [VIDEO]​

January 27, 2023 - by Howard Roark

1674879338075.png

Five now former Memphis police officers have been charged with second degree murder and kidnapping on Thursday in the death of a black motorist named Tyre Nichols.

The officers, Tadarrius Bean, Demetrius Haley, Emmitt Martin III, Desmond Mills Jr. and Justin Smith – were fired on Friday after the motorist, Tyre Nichols, died following a violent confrontation during a January 7 traffic stop.

Video of the police officers beating Tyre Nichols will be released on Friday at 6 pm local time, the DA said.

“The actions of all of them resulted in the death of Tyre Nichols and they are all responsible,” Shelby County District Attorney Steve Mulroy told reporters.

NBC News reported:

Police Killed 1,183 People in 2022. Despite a Viral Claim, That’s Not a ‘Record High.’​

CNSEXPRESS JANUARY 7, 2023

The last few years have seen a sort of unprecedented interest in ameliorating law enforcement misconduct. It’s a noble goal. Achieving it, like any goal, requires an accurate understanding of the scope of the problem.

It seems many do not have that. “‘It never stops’: killings by US police reach record high in 2022,” says The Guardian. “Last Year Was Deadliest Year on Record for Police Violence in the US,” reads a headline at Bloomberg.

But that’s not reality. And effectively confronting any issue necessitates operating in the real world.

jiodfs.png

more

Cops executing people for "contempt of cop" (ie. any non compliant behavior) is a color blind issue. We really need to dial back the qualified immunity protections and put police pensions at risk for compensating victims of excessive force. Maybe also regularly (and randomly) drug test police for steroids.

Cops executing people for "contempt of cop" (ie. any non compliant behavior) is a color blind issue. We really need to dial back the qualified immunity protections and put police pensions at risk for compensating victims of excessive force. Maybe also regularly (and randomly) drug test police for steroids.

Ben saying this for years.

No qualified immunity. Go after the individual cop's money, property and pension first. Then go to the next step.

Random drug tests (like everyone else in the working world is subject to.) Involved in an altercation with a citizen.....automatic drug test asap.

Treat them no better - no worse than anyone else.

Police Killed 1,183 People in 2022. Despite a Viral Claim, That’s Not a ‘Record High.’​

The last few years have seen a sort of unprecedented interest in ameliorating law enforcement misconduct. It’s a noble goal. Achieving it, like any goal, requires an accurate understanding of the scope of the problem.

It seems many do not have that. “‘It never stops’: killings by US police reach record high in 2022,” says The Guardian. “Last Year Was Deadliest Year on Record for Police Violence in the US,” reads a headline at Bloomberg.

But that’s not reality. And effectively confronting any issue necessitates operating in the real world.

jiodfs.png

more
Something about all those countries is STRIKINGLY different from the US

He was alive when they pulled him over and they started treating him like criminal garbage.

I don't know if he was swerving in his car. Could have been a medical issue if he was, but they go immediately to "Get Out! Face on the ground." humiliating tactics instead of treating him humanly.

Inner city cops have a bad ass inhumane attitude and that needs fixing.

FUNNY! - How To Not Get Your Ass Kicked By The Police - Chris Rock​

I wonder if it was something personal between Tyre and the cop who pulled him over. Some cops like to use police power to settle personal scores.

jiodfs.png

more

Have read articles & watched documentaries about policing in other industrial countries. Totally different mindset than here. From what I could gather they didn't seem authoritarian in the same way as the cops here. Maybe it's time to look at how other countries recruit, hire and train their cops. Especially what they look for in recruits.

Have read articles & watched documentaries about policing in other industrial countries. Totally different mindset than here. From what I could gather they didn't seem authoritarian in the same way as the cops here. Maybe it's time to look at how other countries recruit, hire and train their cops. Especially what they look for in recruits.

"The unit is composed of three teams of about 30 officers who target violent offenders in areas beset by high crime. It had been inactive since Nichols' Jan. 7 arrest.​

Scorpion stands for Street Crimes Operations to Restore Peace in our Neighborhoods."​

They need a Scorpion unit to police the police!

I wonder if it was something personal between Tyre and the cop who pulled him over. ...
I read a rumor (no idea if it is true) that Tyre might have had a relationship with an ex of one of the officers.

I agree with the above. And I would add a corollary: The video shows that there were two paramedics on the scene... and they never even glanced at the dying guy. They were busy "talking cop". <-- Include them in with the perps.

Not to mention 30 cops on scene, not one of which used the basic knowledge of first aid training they have had. <-- Not murderers... just STASI/NKVD/Gestapo uniforms acting like occupation forces.

I've been pulled over a few times and have never been treated like that.
The fact you are alive to tell us that, proves it.

Not to mention 30 cops on scene,
There were certainly enough of them that instead of screaming at him over and over to "give me your hands!" they coulda just each grabbed him by an arm or leg and restrained him however they wanted to without beating him.

As for the released vids, I've seen the one where one of the cops arrives at the scene, but when he gets there the other cops are already pulling him out of the car. Ie: the situation had already escalated.
I've also seen the vid showing him getting beaten.
....but which vid shows him getting pulled over to begin with and the initial encounter with the cop right after he walked up to the car? Edited to add: I wanna see where/how it went from, "license/insurance/registration please" to "get the fuck outta the car!!!!!!!"

Everything I've seen only seems to show things after it got crazy.

Last edited:
Frankly, Joe King... in this case, I do not give a toss as to the "beginning". The middle and the end amount to committing murder while under color of the law <-- A double crime.

The guy could have been obnoxious. Spiteful. Uncooperative. A rotten piece of trash. Insulting.

All of the above. The "solution" to all of these things is NOT A LICENSE TO BEAT A MAN TO DEATH.

There is no escaping the fact that these uniformed types believed they were the Kaitempi, the WWII Japanese Secret Police. The Einsatz. They had to absolute right to deal death to those who offended them for any reason.

There is no discernable difference to this:

"I liked to shoot everything -- women and children. It was kind of a sport."

1675012127423.png

Last edited:
All of the above. The "solution" to all of these things is NOT A LICENSE TO BEAT A MAN TO DEATH.
I'm not saying it is. I would just like to know how it went from (presumably) a cop walking up and asking for license/ins/reg, to him roughly being ordered out of the car.

I saw four vids that were posted, but none showed the initial encounter. I just wanna see the entire encounter, not just the parts of it that everyone is rightfully upset about.

Me too!

There is video of that they aren't showing.

Some of the body cams were turned off. Could be they are showing what they actually have.

Maybe one of cops who were or will be charged cuts a deal and tells what really happened.

Some of the body cams were turned off.
Afaic, if they are on duty there should not be the means to turn them off.

Make it record from start of shift to end of shift, livestreaming to the internet where anyone with a connection could watch in real time. They are public servants working for and being paid by the People.

Afaic, if they are on duty there should not be the means to turn them off.

Make it record from start of shift to end of shift, livestreaming to the internet where anyone with a connection could watch in real time. They are public servants working for and being paid by the People.
Grreat idea!

I couldn't agree more. (y) (y) (y)

Well, this story fell off the newsfeed faster than it took George Floyd to overdose....

Well, this story fell off the newsfeed faster than it took George Floyd to overdose....
Don't know what newsfeed you consume but this story dominates the local and national news on all my network tv channels.

Just read they fired one more cop.

Anyone seen video yet of the initial encounter? I still can't find any vids showing that. All I've seen is video from after the situation went South.

I want to see what caused it to go South.

Looks like their cell phones have recordings of other beatings. To prove to Vice Lords they took place.

Oh... three of the five cops were in the Memphis Vice Lords gang.

Replying to
@LaurenWitzkeDE
Multiple police officers and academy directors have reached out confirming the gang infiltration with the police departments.
@MEM_PoliceDept has NOT responded to our request for comment about the Tyre Nicols case. Also, was told Tyre worked at Fed Ex w/ the officers baby mamma.

"Not only did Mayor Strickland reduce the qualifications to become an officer at Memphis PD, The academy was directly told to not fail anyone out due to their desperate need for officers."

Replying to
@LaurenWitzkeDE
Good source I live here. Vice lord leader was killed last week. Could be related. Also heard he was banging one of the “cops” wives

All this could have been avoided if the white supremacists would go away.

All of the cops involved had been with Memphis PD 2-5 years each, which coincides with the exodus of White cops and the city’s stated push to hire majority (exclusively) black officers.

The racists reveal themselves

SUPERCUT: MEDIA FIGURES BLAME WHITE SUPREMACY AFTER BLACK COPS CHARGED IN BLACK MAN’S DEATH​

Leftwing media responded to video released Friday showing police brutally beat Tyre Nichols.

Back
Top Bottom