Fractional Gold Coins

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

FPrice

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
I am looking at fractional gold coins as a way to get into gold. It seems to me that the 1 oz. gold coins are better for long-term holding of wealth but fractional coins are easier to purchase on a limited budget and offer a good mix of building and holding wealth while allowing for easier spending if that need arises.

Thoughts?

1/10 eagles are best for that.

undiscovered I like the 2 dos peso. .48 - so abit less the 1/20

big question we all must be into- is what is your exit?

dont get carried away in vanity coins. dont get into the fringe.

when you sell them- you want the best price. One day you will sell or trade them.

Okay, I was wondering if that's what you meant. Ideally life and the world will continue as we know them and these items will be passed on to my heirs.

At least, that's what I intend today.

Tomorrow?

I have very little gold, but the stuff I have is mostly ASE's The quarter ouncers are pretty small, and I don't like the idea of going down to tenths, but that's a personal thing for me, there are others that are quite comfortable going all the way down to gram bars using the CombiBar things. For my money, the one ounce silver and half ounce silver is the ride.

the 1/20 peso- I think I could swallow if it was an emergency.

I am looking at fractional gold coins as a way to get into gold. It seems to me that the 1 oz. gold coins are better for long-term holding of wealth but fractional coins are easier to purchase on a limited budget and offer a good mix of building and holding wealth while allowing for easier spending if that need arises.

Thoughts?
The problem with buying fractional coins or rounds is that you are paying a lot more per ounce. I figure it's always best to diversify. I bought the 1OZ. and the 1/10th OZ. American gold eagle.

I have very little gold, but the stuff I have is mostly ASE's The quarter ouncers are pretty small, and I don't like the idea of going down to tenths, but that's a personal thing for me, there are others that are quite comfortable going all the way down to gram bars using the CombiBar things. For my money, the one ounce silver and half ounce silver is the ride.
I just compared the 1/10TH OZ American Gold Eagle to a dime. It's a little smaller and a little less thick. I would imagine the 1/20 OZ coins would be approaching the ridiculous.(Maple Leafs) If it cost the same per ounce I would certainly go small.

I just compared the 1/10TH OZ American Gold Eagle to a dime. It's a little smaller and a little less thick. I would imagine the 1/20 OZ coins would be approaching the ridiculous.(Maple Leafs) If it cost the same per ounce I would certainly go small.

That could be a problem. But in that case I would tend to look at more and/or bigger silver pieces to try to bridge the gap.

my rural area has had an up tick in break ins. My house and accross the street both had damage from an attempted break in.

So mind your stack.

Back
Top Bottom