From 1984-1985: KGB Defector Yuri Bezmenov Explains KGB Manipulation of US Public Opinion

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SongSungAu

Big Eyed Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
I've seen this video online for a number of years now but it is more real now than I appreciated previously.

An important note: this man defected from the old Soviet regime, not the current Russian Federation.

For those who are pressed for time, here's a clip that's less than 3 minutes long:

If you have a bit more time:
KGB Defector Yuri Bezmenov 1985 Interview. Explains KGB Manipulation of US Public Opinion (13 min 36 sec):​

Published on Mar 23, 2016 by npatou​

If you have even more time:
Tomas Schuman Yuri Bezmenov L A 1983 YouTube (1:03:16)​

Published on Oct 22, 2011 by Gil Ronen​

Interesting article about the man.
Who was Tomas Schuman and why was he Important?
excerpt:​
Four steps of subversion that were used by the Soviets:​
  • Demoralization: Done through 15-20 years to subvert a generation through moral influence of propaganda inside areas where public opinion is shaped (i.e., religion, education, social life, labor, and employment relations etc.).
  • Destabilization: Done through severing ties to national or internal characteristics of a society. Produced through individuals influencing economy, media, and law and order. Essentially the fractionating of a society based on demoralization (e.g., radicalization).
  • Crisis: Comes from an impactful or disastrous situation that divides a nation or society based on fault lines creating panic.
  • Normalization: Is an acceptance of individuals – predominantly through soft power, but can be done through hard power (e.g., violence) – to submit to the ideals of government as a protector and to accept the changes of law for a collective understanding.

And a free PDF of a book you can download:
Love Letter to America & World Thought Police

Which begs the question - Who manipulates US public opinion better? Russian alphabet agencies or US alphabet agencies?

My opinion only, but these days I would be far more likely to believe the Russians than I would be to believe the CIA or the NSA.

Which begs the question - Who manipulates US public opinion better? Russian alphabet agencies or US alphabet agencies?

My opinion only, but these days I would be far more likely to believe the Russians than I would be to believe the CIA or the NSA.

I agree.

Just my opinion but I believe Mr. Bezmenov and I believe the Soviets succeeded. We have become the Marxists and the Russian people are no longer under the thumb of the Soviet regime. Irony of ironies.

From the Twitter clip in post #1:
"to change the perception of reality of every American to such an extent that despite the abundance of information, no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interests of defending themselves, their families, their community and their country."
"Most of it is done by Americans to Americans, thanks to lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter anymore. A person who was demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures, even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it until he is going to receive a kick in his fat bottom."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom