Gaza Gold: Little coins help the poor in Palestinian enclave to save

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Gaza Gold: Little coins help the poor in Palestinian enclave to save​

GAZA, Sept 7 (Reuters) - A Gaza dentist has developed ultra-lightweight gold coins to allow people without much money to access to one of the most widely used savings methods across the Middle East.

"The idea stemmed from the community's need to own gold amid the difficult living conditions the people live in," said Ahmed Hamdan, who developed the coins, which range in weight from half a gram to 10 grams.

"We have made gold available to people of all categories, gold that even the poor and those with low income can get some," Hamdan said.

I have a roll of 1/25 oz AH gold coins next time I want to get braces in the Gaza strip.

Was looking through the list of older threads and saw this thread from a month and half ago. I wonder if the Gaza dentist or any of his customers are still alive or will be once Israel is done fighting Hamas.

Back
Top Bottom